Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

euroboy posted:

He doesn't, it's a myth mostly made up by english media. I'm pretty sure he hates everyone equally.

Idk what he thinks about other leagues but he cries about how horrible England is more than Alex loving Salmond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

euroboy posted:

You never get that impression reading non-british media. He moans a lot yeah, but he seems more critical about the spanish league. There's no special bias against england from him, it's a myth.

I do read non-British media and I've thought Platini had a problem with England even since an interview he did with l'Equipe. He was really angry about English clubs doing well in that year's CL and insisted United had cheated to win the competition because having American owners dump hundreds of millions of pounds worth of debt on them was somehow giving them an edge. It was complete bollocks and seemed really agenda driven. If he's really critical of Spain shouldn't he have come out and said Madrid where cheats when they actually did the thing he incorrectly accused United of? They owed hundreds of millions to banks when they paid a record fee for Ronaldo. Instead he publicly supported the transfer and said it was normal for a club like Madrid to buy the best players. Later when City become rich and tried to buy Kaka from Madrid he had a change of heart and was vocal in opposing the deal, he said it was "ridiculous" and he didn't think it was "morally acceptable". Don't see how this kind of behaviour, which he has repeated an awful lot over the years, constitutes a British media myth.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 4, 2013