Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
That's a shame. I also enjoyed the increasingly ludicrous suggestions as to how they were going to cool the stadiums, a favorite being the man made cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I'm pretty sure it was a 0-0 match or a boring 1-1 lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Reek posted:

It was the 3-3 where Chelsea was up 3-0, United got two pens, Torres missed a sitter to finish it, and it ended 3-3. Actually entertaining game all around.

Hm perhaps I'm thinking o a different game then, if that's the fact of the matter

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blue Screen Error posted:

Suing FIFA seems like a good way to never get awarded a world cup

They've got decades until they're considered anyway, and you know it's going to all the oil rich dictatorships for a while lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Peanut President posted:

Oh so America will get one? Phew.

This doesnt make sense

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

MisterBadIdea posted:

Out of curiosity, if Sepp Blatter was removed from the situation tomorrow, like if he was thrown in jail or the subject of a gangland assassination (both seem equally likely), who would be most likely to replace him?

this guy

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Jose posted:

Qatar are paying North Korea for a load of Koreans to help build the city for the world cup

lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Maybe North Korea could host the World cup

They're not rich enough it'd be an unironic possibility if they were

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Russia's dog ate its homework.

lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

This entire thing is utterly insane idk how else to put it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

they never face any reprecussions from any actions. it's ludicrous. why operate any differently? i have 0% expectation anything will come from current furor, and most of the ppl pocketing the money now probably plan to be dead by qatar so they won't even bother with the yelling that'll start up around then. and whoever is in charge at that time will reap the monetary reward bc we'll all watch it and the sponsors will be there and whatever lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Can someone make a bullet point list of the funniest things that have come from this entire sham of an organization and then we can add to it over time so i can lol at reading it when i want to

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

I'm glad that I have not been contributing to FIFA's largesse by sticking to watching my football on illegal Chinese streams. All those of you who actually go to matches to watch them live should be very ashamed of yourselves.

Ive grown accustomed to my favorite announcer, Anwar Faatin Jafari Shaqeeq Rehman Bakar Saber. Who could forget such classic lines such as" "وسجل ليفربول هدفا التي كانت جيدة. الموت في الغرب.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Antares posted:

It's a shame we had to award them world cups to find out that Russia is full of racists and Qatar is hot, too bad there's nothing we can do about it now.

filled with racists and hot? sounds like my ideal gf

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i still dont believe it will be held in winter, bc that is insane

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

for all of FIFAs failings i still laugh whenever i think of the name Povertinho watching the WC lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

What is a horcrux

wjhat my wife uses after she broke her ankle

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

TBP's time to shine.

my recently retired good friend Veloce E'Buono will provide me with key connections

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

The sequel to United Passions is going to be interesting

lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Bobby Digital posted:

This is the real reason for the scooter, so he could go pette his cattes. Walking would get to be a hassle.

edit: also he fat

out

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

blatter : i wish that none of my cronies are able to compete with me for FIFA Presidency...

*finger on monkeys paw shrivels up*

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Parody Threads posted:

isn't SWIFT European?

no shes american

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

CubanMissile posted:

Gonna get drunk and watch Goodfellas, The Untouchables, Starship Troopers, and maybe Team America: World Police.

getting drunk bc of the news is ftw.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

gonna grab a six pack and read about how iraq is planning to ramp up their motherbitching oil production!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

RALF posted:

Americans are only scared of Mexicans, which is why they've never gone after FIA

theyre endless and refuse to growabove 5'6 its unnerving

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

@RobHarris: BREAKING: Hatian-American "striker" arrested in Toronto for alleged connections to fraud in football

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

im loving PISSED nobody liked my jozy joke.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

I will forever laugh at yugiohjosh if that helps

it does thank you

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ukle posted:

Not necessarily. One FA alone couldn't do it, but if the English, German and Spanish FA's announced they were splitting they would have enough power to create a new 'FA', and a lot of the other FA's would be compelled to join.

Unless Blatter steps down there is going to be a split of some form, which could well end up with 2 FA's in charge of world football - FIFA in charge of Russia, Middle East and Asia while the new FA in charge of Europe and most of the America's.

No this is not ever going to happen

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Polidoro posted:

Why are people against lifting Suarez's ban itt? I thought 'Suarez did nothing wrong ever' was canon in TRP.

it is

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i studied for the LSAT and agree that australia does NOT have any whites.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

oliwan posted:

this thread has posters worse than me, amazing stuff for sure

lol i know were all worked up over the news but let's not get carried away

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Personally I have total confidence in Prince Ali of Jordan to look over the Qatari bid fairly and cancel the first Arab world cup if it turns out to be necessary.

this is my favorite part of all of this. if blatter, the retardedly corrupt swiss f*g, does not win the election next up is aladdin.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

just think of all of great gifs of FIFA president Drogba falling down at black tie events

you could just say tie events

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Koesj posted:

Quoting a fat swiss fraud

lmfao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Machinegunboyo posted:

**pulls out the goon references handbook**

so yeah, looks like blatter is just going to fill the Palpatine role and the next dude will be Vader. gently caress the ocean

lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Sorry for discussing the biggest news in sports :shobon:

this dude pulled out the "shobon" smiley, the gayest one possible and i dont even know what shobon means.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Barbershop posted:

kill all whites imho (including blatter)

Whoa - watch the racism. We don't talk like that here, buddy.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Barbershop posted:

I lurk in this forum constantly so you can't fool me. I've seen threadfuls of racisms here in TRP and now that we are all coming out of the woodwork I want in

But we are all a fan of The Whites and wanted them, and them alone, to win the Champions League. And hell, Real Madrid aren't bad either ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

this thread is for doing racism and talking about water...and were in a drought bitch