Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

NinjaSteve posted:

You're thinking of Lebanese players, who aren't going to make it to a World Cup anyway

We don't have enough blacks here to know how to do a racism against them

Well that's because you kill them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

FIFpro, the union of professional football players, have already said they will boycott a Qatar summer World Cup.

e: Oh no it was a misquote: http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2377

belgend fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 19, 2013

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Popehoist posted:

The funny part is, a World Cup in Antartica is far more feasible than one in Qatar. It would still cost fucktons of money, but with powerful enough under-soil heating, along with high-powered halogen heaters at pitchside and in the stands, you could probably make conditions nicer than they are in St James Park on boxing day tbh.

Yeah who needs polar caps anyway.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Also, he says all FIFA salaries should be made public, and FIFA presidential candidates should participate in live televised debates. That would fuckin own.

Yes

Now, I've heard of Champagne football but this is ridiculous!!

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Carroll goes down like a sack of poo poo every time he is touched. Motherfucker, you are 6'4

More disgraceful politicking from whoever.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Blue Screen Error posted:

Yes you can start Jozy and Adu

:eyepop:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Can't wait to see Platini backpaddle in 2040 when it turns out the 2050 World Cup can't be played on Venus because there's no loving oxygen there.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Michel Platini, more commonly known as 'Blatter but French', has stopped supporting Sepp Blatter and will not accept a fifth Blatter term. He will announce his (potential, not yet confirmed) candidacy for FIFA presidency during the August 28 draw of the Champions League

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Hegay posted:

Platini has given smaller nations a chance to qualify for Champions League and also given us FFP, which is retarded in it's current version but still a step in the right direction. Infinitely better than Blatter.

This previous week Blatter has been speaking about inter-planetary football cups and the ability to challenge decisions like in Tennis

Platini was elected UEFA presidency on about the same grounds as Blatter and has just been easier to hide he's a poo poo. Platini's programme basically means the big clubs can have their branding everywhere in the world and the small clubs just have to hope some bloke is interested in 'their brand' - same with international football. It was Platini's doing that hosed over the Turkish bid for Euro 2016 and also his idea that has the Euros now just be a tour of Your Best Teams.

Like Eric Cantona said, it's the plague or cholera, and I sort of hope some random git like Infantino goes for it.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Cutscene Powers posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27868764

Just checked, no it is not April Fools day.

Fuckery in the film industry involving FIFA, who'd have thunk it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

advanced statsman posted:

we should have a real world league, where every country plays against every other country and then after 4 years the team with the most points win. just imagine the possibilities, north korea vs lesotho, new caledonia vs kosovo, phwoarrrr

isn't UEFA thinking of doing something like this instead of friendlies? or do i remember wrong?

in any case, the world cup should be done FA Cup style except without seeding or getting a bye poo poo. all countries in, straight knock out, keep fifa's hands off the draw