Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

vaginal culture posted:

A winter world cup might actually be watchable, the summer ones are dogshit because all of the players are exhausted and unfit.

Yeah i wouldnt mind the leagues moving to the summer, not because FIFA want to be let off the hook for being corrupt though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

At least the Euros will never be held in qatar :unsmith:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

MisterBadIdea posted:

Gotta admit, all that time we spent complaining about how a schedule change would affect the '22 Premier League season seems kind of silly now.

Not really as one thing that would really harm the WC and FIFA would be a refusal to change the schedule and try and retain a number of big players at their clubs, if they ran a campaign for it id assume most fans would be on board.

As ridiculous as this sounds FIFA cares more about its talent showing up than poor migrant workers dying. This is the world we live in.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Scott Bakula posted:

The lack of giving a poo poo is fairly representative of lots of the media. And before anyone forgets the reason this thread was started, Sarkozy is one of the big reasons Qatar got the world cup so most politicians don't care either

I'd go as far to say most football fans dont give a poo poo either, its in 2022, i'd imagine they'd get more concerned as time goes on though.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Babby Thatcher posted:

it's good and cool that the Guardian newspaper have been on Qatar's and FIFA's case about corruption etc the whole time with utmost consistency

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/nov/25/world-cup-2022-qatar-fifa

(the comments, lmao)

(more hours pass)

I wonder how many six figure gold watches she managed to slip by HMRC on her way back to the uk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

"I'm well educated" is not a good reason. Football is truly dead.

They are some superb trolls, loving hell.