Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I know there is literally zero chance of this happening, I probably won't even do it, but this is a very good reason to boycott the event entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Kurtofan posted:

It's going to be funny when literally every bids except Qatar will be hit by sanctions

hitting football's dead corpse over the head with a suitcase full of rolexes.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Blue Star Error posted:

I hope they find dirt on all the potential presidential candidates they all seem like dodgy cunts

Do they really need to find any dirt for that?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, you haven't been trolling this whole time?

Holy loving poo poo. Poe's Law in action.

He's still trolling hth

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hadji murad posted:

Is this still the thread where people want developing counties to receive gently caress all money I guess so

Developing countries can still receive money without a corrupt narcissist at the head of FIFA.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hadji murad posted:

If you're arguing that developing countries would do better under Not Blatter I'll disagree with you.

Blatter is a oval office that needs to go. I don't know what will happen after he's gone but that's not enough to tolerate his bullshit imo. It could get better, it could get worse, but he can't stay.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

blue footed boobie posted:

He's not actually admitting to anything illegal. If FIFA wants to figure out who gets the world cup before the voting they're free to do it, but he's basically admitting that the world cup selection process is a farce and that makes his position untenable.

I'm pretty sure you'd have a pretty strong case for civil damages if you were a bidding party in a predetermined process. Aside from that, why would they rig a selection of there was nothing in it for them? I don't think it's criminal in and of itself but if there is any sort of personal gain I would wager that you get into criminal territory.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Burn Russia to the ground imo

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

JunkDeluxe posted:

Apparently Blatter almost died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34898229

Next quote from him will be that he met Jesus, and Jesus told him he was destined to save football this christmas.

Awww poor Sepp. Looks like the stress of running a multibillion corruption racket finally got the best of him. Get well soon you bent Swiss gnome!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Behold! A man spiralling away from sanity!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Pissflaps posted:

I'm loving this.

The single greatest moment in football in 2015

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
What if he's setting up his Alzheimer's defense here?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Surely people will just get bored and switch off until the knockout rounds, right?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Der Shovel posted:

As much as I'd love to see it happen, the games won't be taken away from Qatar. They'll spin this as "a few bad apples but it would be unfair to punish the otherwise great and honest FA of UAE for the actions of a corrupt few blah blah" etc.

Qatar is not in the UAE op

e: also gently caress that corrupt gently caress Platini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

All the hotel staff are grasses on pain of losing their job or worse.