Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Aside from the fact that it just keeps getting worse with each new revelation, I think what boggles me most of all is how unashamed and unabashedly open FIFA is about all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

His mission is to be a massive old fat corrupt oval office.

He finished that mission ages ago.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

MisterBadIdea posted:

All five CONMEBOL teams made it out of the group stage last World Cup.

They sure did, but you're using things like logic and history and statistical analysis to argue your point which will be shouted down with cries of "gently caress YOU PAY ME".

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Hegay posted:

I hope Sepp Blatter dies soon.

Agreed, though with his track record he'll turn FIFA into weekend at Blattie's.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Psstt, hey. Yeah, you.

God drat it.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

How have I never seen this before? Jurgen's just jamming the gently caress out.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is this a wind-up?

Ha I get this joke good job you stupid abbo

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Shitshow posted:

"BREAKING: World soccer governing body FIFA lodges criminal complaint over 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosting rights."

This came through on my Twitter feed but I have no idea what FIFA has to file a criminal complaint about?

So they went from "only the English bid was corrupt" to filing international criminal charges in a matter of days? What an utter farce.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

That is some class A circular logic right there.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

What about the Fightin' Jozys?

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Food Court Druid posted:

You guys are right, it's all a foreign plot to keep down the noble Europeans. If only football was under the wise guidance of UEFA.

I agree, it's an excellent idea that Kiribati - with a population of ~100,000 and who has literally never won an international match - has the same voice in FIFA as Germany.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Coohoolin posted:

Lithuania are way better at basketball than America.

They just have cooler shirts.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Adnar posted:

Kiribati aren't a member of FIFA hth

Don't be pedantic. The point still stands if you substitute Anguilla, the British Virgin Islands, or any of the host of other tiny Caribbean nations that literally call up Sunday league players for International matches.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Fuel for the fire: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2014/12/17/world/middleeast/ap-soc-qatar-fake-fans.html

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

He means they paid a bombload for the rights to broadcast and advertisers aren't going to pay top dollar any more because they'll be splitting their budgets for that time period between all the different sports going on at the same time.

Exactly. November and December is smack in the middle of the college and NFL football seasons which are much, much larger draws in the US.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

I smell a goon project.

No wait, that's just the decomposing corpse of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Azhais posted:

Other than being generally willing to accept that Qatar had an air service of some variety, I'd never heard of Qatar Airways before this thread mentioned them. Emirates I'd seen.

Poor spotted