Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I would love to see the big market nations (UK, USA, Spain, France, Germany, etc) refuse to take part in qualifying for 2022. Enjoy your World Cup featuring the likes of Kazakhstan and Belize :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

If you say CONCAFAXNOXN five times into a mirror the smiling ghost of Freddy Adu emerges and gives you a nice suck job.

Gross, he's like 35 years old

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

If you didn't think ESPNFC was poo poo before...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

Actually it's not impossible, here I'll show you how (takes out large stack of non-sequential $100 bills)

Why are they not sequential? This is very important to me.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Byolante posted:

I have been saying for a while Australia should sell Tasmania to anyone who will take it as is where is.

Wealthy oil sheiks will devise a teleportation system to transport Tasmania to just off the Qatari coast, so they can build great, modern cities on it.

edit, one month later: Actually, the teleportation system isn't feasible, we'll just use tugboats.

edit, one year later: We'll still take it but we can't get around to building cities on it.

edit, two years later: gently caress it, just leave it where it is.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I fully intend to enjoy the gently caress out of this World Cup because there won't be joy again until at least 2026.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

Chuck Blazer is a preposterous name I don't believe he's real

I think he fits right in with Tokyo Sexwhale and Jerome Champagne. They're all characters in some $2 noir detective novel.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It's some Portrait of Dorian Gray type of thing where Sepp looks the same forever as football becomes more and more of a desiccated corpse.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The US have also won the World Series nearly every year for over 100 years.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Votes should be based on how many clubs from that country I can name.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

This is just anecdotal but I knew a lot of NFL fans who watched the world cup last summer. They weren't super into it, but it's a curiosity thing and a lot of people like to turn the tv to whatever sport is currently happening and just leave it there.

but yes I doubt fifa would be bothered by Fox's bitching about it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

axeil posted:

Just you wait, we'll find out Sepp Blatter has horcruxes scattered throughout the footballing world, making his death by natural forces impossible.

Blatter's horcrux is football itself, the only way he dies is if he takes the sport down with him

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah the group matches are so boring when 3 of the 4 advance to the second round anyway. I'd be down for a 64 team knockout world cup though

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bea Nanner posted:

if it's anything like your mam it will be both

nice

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

both teams are eliminated if they draw.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Shoren posted:

Wikipedia tells me there are 211 member nations in FIFA, and the fact that it's an odd number won't stop an egomaniac president from trying to expand the tournament to include them all.

Or just adding one.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

This is going to make the qualification process even more dire, isn't it? Looking forward to watching Dominica and Nicaragua scrapping for that last qualification spot while every nation with a half-decent team (both of them) had qualified with five matches to spare

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The big winner here is China imo, they're the only country big enough to matter that doesn't qualify regularly anyway. Well, them and India, but India's national team is such a joke that they still won't qualify even with Asia's 9,001 spots

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Uh, you know US/Mexico/Canada already has a joint bid in that is almost 100% approved already?

I'm worried that this is the direction the sport is going, with this pan-North American WC bid and then the all-Europe Euros coming up. Having a bunch of host nations just doesn't feel right for the big tournaments imho.

Then again I guess it's better than Qatar.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

oliwan posted:

im the only person in the world who has fond memories of the 1994 world cup

i do but i'm american and therefore not really a person

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

FIFA [redacted] and [redacted] megathread [READ THE OP, OP]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009