Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ponce de Le0n posted:

At least the Euros will never be held in qatar :unsmith:
Now Kazakhstan, on the other hand,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Remember last year when the American media were making a big deal and getting hype as hell about THE GAME BEFORE THE GAME because there was some top-4 league clash on the morning of the Super Bowl. I remember this, I think.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

blueyedevil posted:

Nobody would give a single gently caress if none of the home nations showed up for any international tournaments. In fact, most would be glad that they don't have to deal with 10,000 English twats and a loving band.
2WW1WC

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yeah, Russia you can grumble and complain a bit, but it's not a ridiculously offensive choice. Qatar was just absolutely blatant corruption from top to bottom.
They were both dependent on each other though, it was for all intents and purposes a combined bid.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Fluo posted:

Team Facilities? RIP Jack Wilshere crushed by the room falling in on its self. :psyduck:
Wilshere would be right at home it'd be like his hobbit hole

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Those indentured servants are too expensive, so you just gotta go straight to the slave labor. Look at how well that worked for the tobacco industry in the United States.
I'm sure my grandkids will love seeing Korean-Qataris catching touchdowns and throwing down dunks

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I can't wait to win the IFAF World Championship in 2019.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

the director of the fbi is 6'8"
That's me

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

silvergoose posted:

No kidding. I went to Brown, and my parents met there while he was in his...uh...first mayoring? They've got some stories!
Mmmm, Brown. Heckuva school.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Not everyone can study chin growth at Oxbridge upon homo or whatever, some people have to go to reputable Ivy League institutions.
Missing a Simpsons reference, this is a grave blow to the integrity of your modship GD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Shitshow posted:

David Conn ‏@david_conn 1h1 hour ago
FIFA: US Dept of Justice alleges bribes re Brazil team sponsorship by major US sportswear company. Nike done it since 1996. No statement yet

That's tasty.
It's a business expense