Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
After the Heatstroke world cup in Qatar I'd like to see the world cup given to Bolivia. Imagine every player having to play wearing big oxygen tanks and the ball dipping and swerving everywhere because of the thin air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I wonder how much money I would need to convince FIFA to host an entire World Cup just in the city of Leeds. Various parks and 5 a side pitches around the city for the group games, Elland Road for the final. Is there some sort of bribe chart available for reference

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm surprised Ken Bates has never had a crack at running for FIFA president it seems right up his street

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I can't wait for the world's best teams to die of heat exhaustion in the Fannydome

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Ninpo posted:

Reminder that it'll be a frozen fanny now they're moving it from the summer!

I thought they weren't doing that because Sepp didnt want to disrespect the winter olympics, or some other stupid poo poo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Abolish the World Cup its poo poo and has no credibility anyway

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

It's okay guys Sepp is going to make sure that working conditions are okay:

I thought Franz Beckenbauer told us these 'slaves' didnt actually exist? Make your minds up FIFA

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Franz Beckenbauer went to Qatar and he looked really hard and he didnt see any illegal slaves or deathtrap building sites or anything like that, and if you cant trust him who can you trust

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Finally watching the Vice premiere, this piece on how the Brazilian government is dealing with the favelas is some hosed up poo poo. I wonder if poo poo like extreme poverty and violence was even discussed once by FIFA voters.

Wait, no I don't.

It was discussed at length, actually, and it was decided that there was no extreme poverty and violence. Novelty noisemakers and overpriced warm beer for everyone

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagine having a job at FIFA. Just imagine how great your life would be

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah I just deposited 50 million quid into my own bank account, incidentally the next 3 world cups are going to be held in bahrain and the local sheik and his mates are allowed to be in it and have an automatic bye to the final. What's going to happen. That's right, nothing.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Lamont Cranston posted:

Clearly someone has never watched the MISL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVRtyzfMQzk

The St Louis Steamers.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Good it was useless anyway and now at least the big boys can really get stung on those comedy deals. Bring on the bloated mega contracts

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Good Wenger idea: making Tony Adams eat vegetables

Bad Wenger idea: world cup in October

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't make me post the verdict of the FIFA investigation into corruption at FIFA

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm frantically checking every betting site to find the market on which footballer is going to end up detained during the world cup and putting my mortgage on harry maguire

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Tbh now that we're a year out there's a regular enough stream of terrible Qatar news independent of wider FIFA corruption to warrant its own thread and the amount of poo poo is only going to increase as we get closer to the tournament.

I don't want to put down a blanket 'this is a sports forum so only post about sports and never anything political that's directly connected to it. Shut up and just kick ball' rule and world cups usually attract lots of posters from the wider forums so feel like a general Qatar Qontainment zone would be the best way of organising it.

I am too lazy to make an op right now but if an enterprising young posting prospect wants to have a go you get a gold star

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Didn't some UK broadcaster miss a goal when they tried to cram advertisements in during a stoppage in play? I swear I remember this happening but I can't find anything.

ITV have done this more than once, most notably here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSdPa7Ty1Fw

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Falling to my knees on the beach as I wait for the dinghy, tears of gratitude and joy streaming down my cheeks as I see that there are enough world cups for my family to live and work in now

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1534532012354195458?s=20&t=vMCB5wxQEK2Aav0M7yoZcg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Tortilla Maker posted:

The U.S. state of Montana must have dug deep into their pockets to get the Denver bid.

https://twitter.com/fifaworldcup/status/1537419490958491649?s=21&t=ELk4jsgvVj_W3CYUIb2F0w

That's big Stan kroenkes music surely?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We need games at Denver so managers can blame the altitude for their teams playing like dogshit, and some in Miami so they can blame the humidity

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jack Charlton shirt tie and baseball cap dress code mandatory for all touchline personnel

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Diana Ross is doing Glastonbury this year, still very much active. Do you think they could convince her to take another penalty

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

does this mean he's allowed to post in TRP now?

no

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
President Blatter, my people yearn for bribes

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Not buying the panini stickers. The line must be drawn

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still time for them to sort out minor logistical concerns re: 'hydration' and 'ambulances'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I made the joke at the time but they actually did just mash the big button labelled 'you know what them scousers are like though', incredible

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining a game solely made by FIFA. We're gonna see microtransaction levels beyond imagination

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Gianni infantinos FIFA Challenge but it's actually a Tropico style strategy game about amassing the most money possible without getting busted for corruption

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Through the power of AI or whatever we will hold a world cup in the metaverse. Somehow players will still get injured

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin posted:

IFAB has said thanks but no thanks to the idea of blue cards and sin bins, but they're going to allow trials of a new time wasting rule where goalkeepers get eight seconds to hold the ball instead of six, but the ref will visibly count down the last five seconds on their hand so the goalkeeper, players, and fans can all see how much time the keeper has left.

Managers salivating at the opportunity to kick off at the ref in the post match for counting too slow or too fast

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Genuine out loud lol

Klopp retired because he realised that annual world cups in the middle east with qualification crammed into the fixture list is about 18 months away from getting approved

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Chuck blazer only took those bribes so he knew how to identify and avoid future bribes

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Remember when England lost the bid for 2022 and

1) blamed the BBC for being rude to fifa

2) complained that they had been assured that their bribes would be sufficient to secure the bid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looking forward to Aramco World Cup Saudi Arabia 2026