Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

angered paedophile posted:

I think a number of black players would be uncomfortable being forced to play in Australia due to the dangers of a racist attack

You're thinking of Lebanese players, who aren't going to make it to a World Cup anyway

We don't have enough blacks here to know how to do a racism against them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Australia is going to hold the Asian Cup in 2015 which I think will prove that we have the infrastructure and ability to hold a World Cup. We don't have the willingness to pay for one though.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

serious gaylord posted:

10 groups doesnt divide properly for the next rounds.

Honestly, I don't think that'd worry them.

e:

Dravs posted:

Blatter would likely find a way involving byes that let teams pass straight to the quarter or semi finals depending on how big a donation (bribe) they make to FIFA (him)

Exactly this.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The FIFA rankings are the most gloriously hosed up ranking system anyway, it'd be great.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tigren posted:

That's not a thing mate.

I think he means CONCACAFACACF

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

St Evan Echoes posted:

It's funny. FIFA can force a country to rewrite laws so that Mastercard get 0.1% more visibility. But outlawing literal slavery isn't worth the effort.

I don't think this is very funny at all.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ewar Woowar posted:

How the gently caress are so many of the people still in position of power?

Because they keep creating the positions of power and they buy all the votes to keep them there

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Peanut President posted:

I'm not sure giving American Samoa 197 votes is a good idea.

Surely a country with an official third gender will be able to understand neutrality and impartiality

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Jerome Champagne's name reminded me that there is a man named Tokyo Sexwale and I did a lol irl

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I can't believe there's a poster on these forums literally trapped in Qatar. Get the hell out man, jeez!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Blue Screen Error posted:

Yes you can start Jozy and Adu

:vince:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm going to watch the film in the hopes that someone finally made a good soccer movie (they didn't)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Cutscene Powers posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27868764

Just checked, no it is not April Fools day.

I read a thing about this and apparently they showed Fifa the script before they started shooting and Sepp rewrote huge swathes of it lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shoren posted:

Yes, compelling answers that would require the use of nonexistant future tech. I'm sure that when they were prepping their bid package they probably said to each other "Why should we consult an engineering firm? Your home has a/c, this office has a/c, of course we can air condition our stadiums!"

I like to think it wasn't even this well thought through. They got there and Sepp asks how they intend to deal with the temperatures, and they all start looking at each other for an answer until one stammers out "uh, we'll uh, we could, I mean, uh, we can air condition them! They'll be air conditioned. Yeah." and all the other Qataris agree that they had definitely all intended to do that all along.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

vyelkin posted:

I propose holding the 2026 World Cup in Liechtenstein. My bid proposal involves the use of fusion reactors to supercool the stadium, antigravity trains to get you from your hotel to the FIFA Fan Zone, and antimatter sensors in the ball for unparalleled goal line technology. As an aside, we will be providing free Bugatti Veyrons to all FIFA Executive Committee members, but that's just to compensate for the fact that everyone knows all the countries we're competing against are good at hosting tournaments already.

Wait, will those anitgrav trains take me from my hotel to the Hereford FIFA Fan Zone, or will it just take me to the inferior Dudelange FIFA Fan Zone

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Funnily enough the Australia bid is also being investigated by the FIFA ethics committee because we bought them a really nice bottle of wine lmao

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Byolante posted:

Well it explains why Beckenbauer saw no human rights abuse. When he looked at the doccumentation there was 28 golden goals a day and he thought they must really love their soccer!

lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Is this a wind-up?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Wirth1000 posted:

Didn't he already do this? I swear I have this memory of him completely spilling everything and even showing hard evidence to all the corruption going on but the media completely ignored him or something. Was it just a fever dream?

I remember this too

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tsaedje posted:

Isn't that every Australian sport?

We don't care nearly enough to riot about AFL

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The big federations that actually care and could have the worldwide audience to actually challenge FIFA are Europe, and... uh...

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Adnar posted:

Who?

Everyone except the countries (England, USA, Australia) who bid for these world cups is basically complicit and doesn't give a gently caress.

I think we all have a warped sense of world opinion due to reading English speaking (and usually British or Yank origin) media. No one gives a poo poo.

My point was that really only UEFA would have enough pull to make their own separatist FIFA-lite, but you're right, they don't care either. And literally no-one would care if FIFA lost AFC or CONCACAF et al

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

AFC is only marginally less corrupt than Jack Warner's CONCACAF ftw, Mohammed Bin Hammam was a stand up guy who did nothing wrong

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Bring back Jack Warner and Mohammad Bin Hamman

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Australia also have world stars such as Massimo Luongo and Alex Wilkinson who would bring infinite marketing potential. Plus we've proven we're no good at being corrupt

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I think you'll find that America wins the World Series of whatever sport almost every time and therefore are the best at sports, and if any other countries were worth competing against they'd be in the World Series anyway

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Plus America builds the "culture of famous" better than anybody and the sponsors around those superstars make them global phenomenons. Could soccer use a few more global phenomenons that instantly have reach in the #1 economy in the world, then beyond? And like I said, our web engineering and development gives us the best presentation, UX/UI for fans. Everything I've used in researching EPL, LL, S1 feel like websites from 2002.

Additionally, when you refer to the "everyone around the world who doesn't already watch the most popular game in the world," that's us. Americans. The NFL and MLB each seperately bring in twice the revenue to EPL. NHL Hockey brings in more revenue than Bundesliga and the only people who watch hockey are general sports frontrunners, closeted racists, guys who still like grunge music, and midwestern beardo hipsters. We spend stupid amounts of money on meaningless poo poo while our children lack education and the general economic, social infrastructure to be successful adults. And the meaningless poo poo we love to spend it on most is sports. So, yes, soccer gaining the American audience would be a huge boon to the game itself.

You can play the best game in the world. Americans, in their worst, best know how to package a product and sell it, meaning that America is far more important to this made-up breakaway FIFA than any other country

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Except that Spain, Germany and Italy have comparable leagues and there's probably another 10 or so not awfully far behind?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Dirk Pitt posted:

(I was talking about netball)

Australia and New Zealand are far more successful at netball

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shrapnig posted:

I've seen nigga steves fits, I'm not friend.

Wow!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

tbp posted:

Ive grown accustomed to my favorite announcer, Anwar Faatin Jafari Shaqeeq Rehman Bakar Saber. Who could forget such classic lines such as" "وسجل ليفربول هدفا التي كانت جيدة. الموت في الغرب.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

loving lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Drogadon posted:

Qatar is Serbia?

Maybe so, but going off their performance in the Asian Cup they're going to have to start naturalising a poo poo load more of them to have any hope of being competitive

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Sounds legit.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Can anyone compare and contrast Frank Lowy falling off the stage with Sepp Blatter falling off the stage? tia

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

vyelkin posted:

How come we get all these American posters and we can't even get a World Cup Advanced Stats Superstar lmaoboy1998 cameo?

lmaoboy1998 posted:

You're not the most any of those things, and I don't even especially like America. Stop inciting genocide against your own nation to win D&D points you weirdo.

On the other hand, lol at the guy who thinks anyone gives two shits about the integrity of Poland, it's been the perfect site for doing your dirty business ever since one Mr. Hitler turned up in 1939.

He's here.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Bape Culture posted:

I never understood why good teams of civilised people (all of Europe) didn't just say "we're not playing in Qatar you idiots" tbh. There's no World Cup without Europe, Fifa would have looked like idiots, Arabs would have got told to gently caress off. Win win.

Because they're all just as corrupt

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lmaoboy1998 posted:

I don't know why everyone seems to think we'll be inviting Australia to our VIP Euro+ invite only tournament tbh. Maybe Brazil, Argentina or someone with even one good player instead?

Um I think you'll find Mile Jedinak was statistically the best player in fantasy football last season mate

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Why don't we just let every country come to the World Cup? That way the argument that countries that don't go to the World Cup shouldn't have votes for FIFA president gets voided.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Mr. Mambold posted:

So it turns out you're the actual idiot, actually.

Aren't we all, in a sense, idiots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

tbp posted:

i studied for the LSAT and agree that australia does NOT have any whites.

Wow, woah