Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Kurtofan posted:

Azerbaijan is going to get them some day, they have a lot of gas.

They already hosted the Eurovision.

I'm running I'm scared tonight is what protesters in Azerbaijan will say when they rebuild the stadiums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Grondona is a fat piece of poo poo that's for sure. Can you imagine what Argentinian football would be like without the influence of such corrupt shits?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Byolante posted:

I will retweet but I don't like bananas so I won't eat one and instagram it, sorry.

you're supposed to instagram kebab

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/2014/05/16/mondial-2022-au-qatar-une-erreur-pour-blatter_4419740_3242.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...iddle-East.html in English

Blatter says that giving the World Cup to Qatar was a mistake, but everyone makes mistakes so it's fine :wink:

What a piece of poo poo, haha

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 16, 2014

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Robocop 2 with Blatter and Platini as the bad guys.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I bet Putin is laughing his nuts off at this, what with everyone completely ignoring that his country is not fit to host a world cup in 4 years time.

At least Russia is a footballing nation with a half-decent league and a team that can realistically make it through their group at home. On the other hand, Qatar is so blatantly about the money, it's just stupid.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The World Cup will be played in the South Pole in 2026 as a way to rectify the extreme heat of the 2022 World Cup.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

The Mash posted:

gently caress that. Don't change anything. The game is perfect.

just kill blatter and platini

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27841486

FIFA have banned Franz Beckenbauer for 90 days. I assume they're trying to scapegoat him.

But Beckenbauer of all? This is just getting ridiculous.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Kurtofan posted:

Just like the Sochi Olympics were a force of good

No one gives a poo poo about the winter olympics though.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
If there's a Qatari football official reading this thread at the moment, I can surely be persuaded by a modest sum of money (say, only around $1 million) to become their forums spokesperson and defend Qatar against all trolling.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Actually the Qatari officials are all cool buff dudes and they didn't really need to pay me to convince me that Qatar is, in fact, the best choice for a World Cup, cementing a new route to connect East and West and unite the world through Football.

This post sponsored by

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hello, friend! I see you have found yet one more example of gracious and generous Qatari financial aid. I'm glad they are helping this world become united through the power of football. Truth be told, Qatar have worked hard to bring us the best World Cup, and I for one can't wait for it to start.

Qatar Airways, fly to your football dreams

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The quotes from the article:

Sepp Satan Fucker posted:

We can't play in summer. We must find a solution. The best possible date is by the end of the year. That's the best solution for me. We've worked with the international calendar. At first it was possible, but now it's become a bit harder. However, the World Cup is really important!

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
because you touch yourself at night

in other seep news, fifa showed crimea as part of russia in the presentation video of the 2018 world cup and then removed it and apologized

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/30/fifa-apologises-video-crimea-ukraine-world-cup

haha

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

Qatar are paying North Korea for a load of Koreans to help build the city for the world cup

FIFA taking a leading role in creating democracy. Inspiring stuff.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Fifa apparently answered

quote:

“With regard to the story in Der Spiegel, FIFA wants to reiterate that the information provided by the sources‎ does not reflect what actually happened at the dinner in question, which was held during the FIFA President’s visit to Oslo in October.

“The claims made by the sources are unfounded. The 2022 FIFA World Cup will take place in Qatar.

“Among the subjects discussed that evening were in fact the Handshake for Peace project – a joint initiative between the Norwegian FA, the Nobel Peace Center and FIFA – and the impending Uefa Euro 2016 qualifying match between Norway and Bulgaria, at which FIFA President was present that evening as a guest of honour at the invitation of the Norwegian FA.

“The topics of Qatar and the 2022 World Cup were talked about very briefly. Dates were discussed as there are presently discussions taking place to determine when will be the best time to stage the tournament in that calendar year and the Emir, who had visited FIFA President Blatter only a few days earlier in Zurich, was mentioned.

“In this context, the FIFA President spoke of how, in the meeting in Zurich, he had congratulated the Emir on speaking clearly during the previous day’s state visit to Germany, where the Emir had met with Chancellor Angela Merkel.”

“In response to a journalist’s question as to whether Qatar was financing the Islamic State (IS) group, the Emir refuted the suggestion in no uncertain terms. FIFA President Blatter praised the Emir for that in Zurich and mentioned it in conversation at the table in Oslo,” FIFA added.

“In no way did the FIFA President associate Qatar with IS. The atmosphere at this dinner with the Executive Committee members of the Norwegian FA was pleasant, friendly and relaxed.”

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
tbh I don't think England will be banned from international competitions. Not even fifa can be that stupid (i think)

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

vyelkin posted:

Even if this report were 100% accurate and there was no corruption in the Qatar bid, all that would prove is that the FIFA ExCo are absolutely terrible at their jobs and should all be sacked anyway for gross negligence and incompetence, not to mention complicity in gross human rights violations.

The Nepalese have never been to the World Cup so it doesn't matter. As for the North Koreans, they're just happy to be there.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I want to repeat my offer to the potential FIFA or Qatari officials browsing this thread, that for the modest sum of USD $1 million they will get my unconditional support and defense from the trolls who believe the English FA did no wrong.

This space for rent.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The NFL is coming to Europe, with all the wife-beating, dog-fighting, murders and a new, exaggerated lad culture for the continent. Can't wait.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Imagine mixing the NFL culture with Serbian football fans. Getting a big ol' boner just thinking about it.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
FIFA are running operations that are literally killing thousands of Nepali workers while receiving money from the Islamic State and North Korea, but have you seen the wife-beating in the NFL???

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 13, 2014

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*the its happening meme but with Platini*

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
they're gonna blame england for the leak somehow

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*Football player smoking a Cuban cigar, wearing a gold chain and a 'Baller4Life' tattoo and with literal money signs as eyes, thinking about this proposition*

A grassroots campaign against FIFA… It's so crazy it just might work!

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
my time to shine

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
the us won the rugby union gold medal in the olympics twice back in the 20s, but now they're dead, so who cares what they won

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Are people really against the thought that countries that barely register in the international football radar, without professional leagues nor infrastructure shouldn't have the same voting weight as countries like France, Germany or England?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually he's setting himself up to be banned for life after some mysterious corruption charges against him materialize out of nowhere.

it already started!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...up-bidding.html

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
:911:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

straight up brolic posted:

lol at anyone who thinks this will change anything, all of the power is consolidated in europe and you'd be a fool to think that blatter and the true elites within the organization didn't have themselves legally isolated from charges.

it's just a long jail sentence for a few of the most obvious cronies and further bad PR for FIFA, but we can see from their public ostensible endorsement of slave labor that they don't really give a poo poo.

What I'm hoping in pure prime time show fashion is that they'll offer these people deals to give the Americans enough dirt on Blatter to prosecute him, but then again I'm a retard.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

serious gaylord posted:

I dunno, Commebol is a very large association that has a lot of power with regards to elections. Much like africa is full of loving easily bribed countries. You take away the easy votes and then things start to get a bit more difficult to bribe your way through.

The damage will also come from the fact some of these guys were about to be part of the executive committee, or indeed were already serving on it. Further criminalises blatter by association.

Whatever happened to Mayne-Nicholls's candidacy after all? I thought he was one of the few Conmebol officials who didn't look as corrupt.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
However poo poo the US are at football, they are far from the worst and it'd be a shame to see them leave their spot to the likes of… Trinidad & Tobago? I don't think FIFA will suspend their membership anyway, that'd be lost revenues for nothing.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
is there a text feed of the press conference somewhere?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*webb, warner li and figueredo come in with everything for a HUGE party*

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
the us will gently caress the fifa faggots up and I'll 69 with the dnd posters during half time

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
blatter will go to jail, platini will take over, football will be even more insane

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
warner is the guy who greets you at the door of shitland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Blatter is insanely rich, it's obvious he's profited from that sort of corruption. They have to get him.