Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Catching up on the thread, but the first replies are amazing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The world cup is a CIA op

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Qatar is normally a dry country right? I have in my head that they've said they'll let fans drink but I don't know if they've grasped the scale of everyone wanting to be hosed up all the time

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the sex ghost posted:

ITV have done this more than once, most notably here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSdPa7Ty1Fw

I like this because the ball is already back in play by the time the cut away. Why don't they do the side-by-side stuff like in the f1 on tsn?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Best thing at intermission is betting on random timbits hockey teams with your friends

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

5 minute sending off is something that could definitely improve the game. Or make it a total poo poo show as teams stall the 5 away who knows.

I still think there needs to be another card less severe than a yellow for dumb poo poo like swarming and screaming at the ref

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BrigadierSensible posted:

There will be a lot of whinging in the press from ex players saying "the games gone soft. it wasnt like this in my day" etc. but you'd best believe that the players will learn very quickly to stop charging at the ref en masse. And the ones who keep doing it will be your Joey Barton style irredeemable cunts who deserve reds anyway.

A lot of the game's gone soft types hate the swarming the ref stuff

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think the bbc posted how much average gametime there was for each team but I can't find it again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hockey (or ice hockey as idiots call it) has tv timeouts but they happen only on a regular stoppage in play. As many stoppages can happen as normal until x minutes are played then the next stoppage is a tv timeout

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can they skirt it by using brasil, allemagne and italie in languages that spell them differently?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

As long as they count down so two is either hang loose or the british jog on, and one is always the middle finger

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

vyelkin posted:

wtf is this poo poo lmao

Finally mini leagues are making it to u17 tournaments

Is this them trialling a different format for a 48 team world cup?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

It's corruption/bribes all around and Qatar and the Saudis are just the best at doing it right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the sex ghost posted:

Chuck blazer only took those bribes so he knew how to identify and avoid future bribes

Research is expensive and profitable