Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Pissflaps posted:

I think they should host a world cup at the bottom of the ocean.

how much is Neptune offering???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

serious gaylord posted:

Surely at this point he will have pissed off enough people by promising to stand down and then not that he wont win again?

well you see,

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

"There are known knowns, and known unknowns"

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Great new Marina Hyde follow up article on the NY Daily News Chuck Blazer thing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/05/chuck-blazer-fifa-fbi

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
David Ginola to announce intention to run for Fifa presidency :psyduck:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

mackintosh posted:

That's it. I'm not watching the World Cup.

lol aye alright

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Except that was a poo poo world cup

It was a great world cup except for the final

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

serious gaylord posted:

I dunno, Commebol is a very large association that has a lot of power with regards to elections. Much like africa is full of loving easily bribed countries. You take away the easy votes and then things start to get a bit more difficult to bribe your way through.

The damage will also come from the fact some of these guys were about to be part of the executive committee, or indeed were already serving on it. Further criminalises blatter by association.

CONMEBOL is the smallest association in terms of FIFA votes... only 10 members.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Update - Swiss Federal Office of Justice opens criminal proceedings over the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football world cups

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

:911:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
BREAKING: Russia slams U.S. "illegal" prosecution of FIFA http://t.co/sIgHgvcR4R http://t.co/EvbwvRRMbo

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
how unexpected

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

lmfao

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

advanced statsman posted:

nah it looks like pardew

the plot thickens...

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
what on earth is the point of a runoff when there are only two candidates

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Koesj posted:

Quoting a fat swiss fraud

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't know if it's true, somebody implied that France, Italy and Spain all did.

I thought it was supposed to be a secret ballot. Unless people have come out and said who they voted for

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Lee Nelson has just redeemed himself for his entire previous life and any other poo poo he ever does.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Classic Sepp.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
the trophy is large potato

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
rugby players are all posh boy public school twats who are used to Knowing Their Place and Respecting Their Betters or they'll get the birch from the form master and a jolly good buggering from the prefect

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

vyelkin posted:

It helps that in rugby the refs have zero qualms about giving further penalties just moving ten metres down the field each time, for things that happen after the original penalty. That's not really a thing in football, you never see a ref move a free kick closer to the goal or give a penalty instead of a free kick for something that happened off the ball after a foul was called.

there was a brief spell where they would bring the free kick forward but it seems to have died out, probably because a lot of the time the kicker prefers it further out to get it up and down over the wall

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

the video lol

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Bogan Krkic posted:

Powerade doesn't have caffeine in it, so it shouldn't be allowed to be called an energy drink imo

caffeine doesn't provide energy you retarded bogan

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Simone Poodoin posted:

Remember when people thought the mighty Americans would use RICO to take down FIFA?

leeds dad knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Part 2

quote:

But Manchester isn't particularly fond of UEFA. For years, the team's fans, otherwise a rather quiet lot, have passionately booed their hearts out when the Champions League hymn is played. City fans feel that they and their team have been victimized by UEFA. In particular, the penalty the team was forced to pay in 2014 due to its violations of UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules was seen by fans as unfair.

Yet documents from the whistleblower platform Football Leaks reveal that UEFA actually showed Manchester City far too much lenience. The European football association was aware that it let City off the hook with a ludicrously low penalty, despite the club's far-reaching deception. What UEFA didn't know, however, was the vast extent of Manchester's deceit -- mendacity that began the moment in 2008 when Sheikh Mansour purchased the club.

lol brutal