Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
*2 people cancel their AJS subscription in disgust*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Apparently they hired Jozy.

Holy lmao

When I went to the CWC in Abu Dhabi it was p. sweet because of the Internacional and TP Mazembe fans but drat you wouldn't want to organise a tournament in those kinds of countries.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Sepp Blatter: The FUCKER

That is inspired!

:getin:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Stop posting about it here they're literally reading along over your shoulder in the Gulf m8

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Sochi had immigrant labour pressed into all kinds of hosed up situations, plus maffia hits on competing contractors/whistleblowers IIRC.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Lladre posted:

You would think a guy like Putin would have a better fitting suit.

KGB DNA

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Dirk Pitt posted:

Qatar is a dry heat.

In summer it should be but with the Gulf you never know.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
*everything gets vetoed because "Las Malvinas son Argentinas"* ah yes

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
It's the Patek Phillipes that'll be kept hidden.

Koesj fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 22, 2014

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

ephex posted:

He refused to go to North Korea so they sent Rodman.

lmao

Also I might bring an on the ground TRP update from Qatar later this year :holy:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

All the europeans know is graft and corruption, thats why FIFA should be taken over by an Anglo country because otherwise its just fraud and waste.

Preferably with IMF oversight, investment banking support, and a Fitch rating. Also let me tell you about our new line of securitized products, ranging from company scrip housing MBS, to lucrative shorts on potential host countries' medium term bonds.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Doha (AFP) – The Chairman of Qatar's National Human Rights Committee (NHRC) on Monday denied claims by the Guardian newspaper that jews are a people and Israel exists.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I, for one, can't wait for Israel to qualify for the 2020 UEFA Greater Co-Prosperity Sphere Championship where they'll play their matches in Paris, Copenhagen, and Munich.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Plucky Equatorial Guinea withstood the predations of Mark Thatcher and Jeffrey Archer and very much deserved to host yet another Africa Cup of Nations tyvm

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Anywhere men have normal testosterone levels, and Japan as well.

RIP NFL Europe

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
A country so powerful it could hold off a plane full of South African mercenaries. Your turn, Qatar.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
also

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
behold, the diversified economies of the last ACN and future two WC hosts

there's no competing with it

e: top one is actually eq guinea, top in economic monoculture and GINI spread as well IIRC

Koesj fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 20, 2015

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Rude

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

psyer posted:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/03/01/soccer-africa-nations-guinea-idUKL4N0W308S20150301

Guinea refuses to move the Africa Cup of Nations from Jan 2023 to June 2023.

Good to see FIGC standing their ground.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
idgi

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
You are Swiss, which is an even bigger joke.

Also I'm in Qatar right now and it's insanely basic & standard Gulf Arab poo poo.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Def. some more Shia Islam for that extra street-level tension.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Ali is probably going to be Blatter's last opponent left running after three-way talks with Figo and van Praag.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Krampus 2015

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
The US Federal Penitentiary System has def been running a DZPutS-count in the upper 90s.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Racing Alcatraz

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Fifa fifa we dont give a cr*d

e: gently caress

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

mdemone posted:

We have black sites in our own cities, lying to the world is small potatoes.

Black site isn't a term of endearment!

Mods!!!

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
"Your black sites are choc ice" poland 2002

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Grease don't burn that sooty

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

"I have a duty to fix things" :lol:

Matches and elections don't fix themselves.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

oliwan posted:

It is my congress, I have the right to make the closing remarks. This is a very important congress. You see I am in a good mood. I was a little bit nervous today, but now I am the president of everybody, I am the president of the whole Fifa.

This game is important, but more important, enjoy life!

Quoting a fat swiss fraud

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Blue Star Error posted:

Whats he doing in the Serie A thread then?

:mmmhmm:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Zürich sandwich was already mentioned upthread

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

advanced statsman posted:

Mods give Koesj the official Blatter potm

GD took my drat av after the world cup toxx so it'd only be fair :mad:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Another Italian World Cup would be ownage as hell, you could swear and smoke cigarettes and belittle women. Hell, you could probably get away with misgendering the referee.

It'll be 2030 at the earliest when CAF's in the running again, don't get your hopes up.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
A reminder that the cool & good non-World Cup organizing but Man City owning Abu Dhabi ruling family had one of its members run over an 'employee' with his SUV and shooting at the dude with an assault rifle. This was captured on video. Also, their figurehead president is a closeted homo and has mysteriously been held in an artificial coma for more than a year now while his brother hobnobs with the world's most powerful; a leaked US embassy cable calling him the shadow leader of the country or something. No one openly acknowledges these things.

2022 would be in better hands with Iran than with Gulf Arabs.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Blue Star Error posted:

Unless they steal something

lol

All those thing equally apply on the other side of the gulf tho. Probably the only majority muslim place outside major european cities where the cup should be held is turkey, they're the knifest people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

Ok here's a idea.

Weight voting so that only the top 10 teams based on ranking from each federation get a full vote.

Everyone else get's their votes cut. 10-20 get half a vote. 20-30 get a quarter vote. 30-40 get 1/8th vote. 40+ get 1/10th vote. Total votes are rounded up.

UEFA = 19 Votes
Conmebol = 10 Votes
Concacaf = 19 Votes
CAF = 19 Votes
AFC = 19 Votes
OFC = 11 Votes

15+2.5+1.25+1

Weighted Vote for Blatter vs Ali

Ali = 30
Blatter = 53

Voting is further weighted by combined ranking of top 3 teams in each federation. The top 2 federations keep same amount of votes. 3rd and 4th lose 2 votes. 5th loses 4 votes. 6th loses 6 votes.

UEFA = 19 Votes
Conmebol = 10 Votes
Concacaf = 17 votes
AFC = 17 Votes
CAF = 15 Votes
OFC = 5 Votes

Ali = 38
Blatter = 45

Voting is finally weighted by population to ranking ratio. The federation with the highest population to rank ratio receives 3 extra votes. The federation with the second receives 2 extra votes. All other federation are penalized 1 point. These are rewarded to the countries with the lowest population to ranking ratio.

Uefa = 21 Votes
Conmebol = 13 Votes
Concacaf = 16 Votes
AFC = 16 Votes
CAF = 14 Votes
OFC = 4 Votes

Ali = 41
Blatter = 43

source

your

quotes