Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

MisterBadIdea posted:

Out of curiosity, if Sepp Blatter was removed from the situation tomorrow, like if he was thrown in jail or the subject of a gangland assassination (both seem equally likely), who would be most likely to replace him?

Jepp Fatter, some other rich corrupt piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Also, reminder that FIFA has an official "Ethics Committee" and the Senior Vice-President of FIFA, Julio Grondona, says poo poo like this:

quote:

Yes, I voted for Qatar, because a vote for the US would be like a vote for England, and that is not possible [...] But with the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left.

If only The FA gave back the Falklands.

Also, this:

quote:

I do not believe a Jew can ever be a referee at this level. It's hard work and, you know, Jews don't like hard work.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Oh, what a surprise!

quote:

Following a two-day hearing in Zurich, the FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to impose on Vernon Manilal Fernando a lifetime ban from taking part in any kind of football-related activity at national and international level.

quote:

He certainly throws his considerable weight around in some unexpected places. Like Port of Spain, Trinidad, in May this year, where for reasons yet to be adequately explained he arrived for a Caribbean Football Union meeting on a private jet from Doha in the company of [then] AFC president Mohamed Bin Hammam and fellow FIFA ex-co members Worawi Makudi and Hany Abo Rida. It was there he proceeded to get caught up in that alleged bribery business that brought down the flashy Qatari.

This. Is. All. hosed.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

CONCAACFE gets too many spots.

That's not a thing mate.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

NinjaSteve posted:

I think he means CONCACAFACACF

Phwoar, I don't see that on the list of football federations either. Maybe you guys could double check your references?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

corpuscollossus posted:

Jerome Champagne, the most Haraam name in football, has said he might strip Qatar of the hosting if elected:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2625217/French-FIFA-candidate-threatens-strip-Qatar-2022-World-Cup-succeeds-Blatter.html

quote:

Champagne knows FIFA inside out and is campaigning on an agenda of radical reform

Well, if that's not a sure fire way to lose the election, I don't know what is. The only people who don't see the need for reform are the people voting.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

kri kri posted:

Just watched this about 20 times

And hes running again due to having the "drive" which I assume is code for more rolls royces please

Well, he can't leave office now. He's got to make up for that mistake that someone made.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

blueyedevil posted:

Blatter was always against Qatar holding the World Cup. The real evil twats are Platini and the European members of FIFA who accepted Qatari bribes and deals for massive club sponsorships in exchange for their votes.

This might be true, but don't even start to think that Blatter isn't a real evil twat. Every single person to ever vote for Blatter is a real evil twat, even when he was the only one running.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Wow, this guy's face embodies sleaze

Or stroke. Not sure which one.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
That lovely FIFA movie cost $27 million. I'm sure they could've paid for a few grass fields with that money.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Bio-Hazard posted:

That's a lie, BC Bud is the best. :420:

Not since CA/OR/CO legalized it.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

vyelkin posted:

I'd be very surprised if the report has ever been on a computer that has internet access. An organization as wealthy as FIFA knows that a little investment in cyber-security now (especially in the age of the NSA and Russian hackers stealing like a million credit card numbers a week) is worth a lot when the report doesn't get stolen and leaked, and their sponsors don't desert en masse.

At the same time, I'd be very surprised if it hasn't been on a computer with internet. That poo poo is everywhere these days!

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

pointsofdata posted:

2 out of about 7 of Private Eye's Paul Foot award nominations are for exposing FIFA corruption. Feels like someone should actually do something about it now

Ya, that guy seems reeeeal trustworthy.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

Qatar is hot

Kind of glad the World Cup is going to be in winter then. Good on FIFA for using their brains in this situation.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

At the same press conference:

quote:

The 2021 Confederations Cup will not be held in Qatar, FIFA announced on Wednesday.

Jerome Valcke, FIFA secretary general, said the tournament will be played "in an Asian country", but Qatar had been ruled out because of its climate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Jumpingmanjim posted:

He knows that if he touches American currency they will be able to extradite him.

Do you even know how the RICO laws work?