Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Ninpo posted:

How many football stadiums does each state typically have? Can it be played on an American Football pitch?

They would use what are primarily American football stadiums: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bid#Details_of_the_bid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

My theory is that they all want a revote so that they can get another round of bribes. And who gives a poo poo if Qatar wins it again or not, it's not like Qatar can ask for their bribes back.

But what about all those sweet contracts to supply "consulting" on building air conditioned outdoor stadiums and whatnot?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

the IFAF, International Federation of American Football, also has a world championship and the next one is this very year! It was supposed to be held in Stockholm (as in, Sweden), but they canceled so it's in Ohio instead. Qualified teams are: Sweden, Germany, Austria, France, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Australia, & Morocco. Most of those teams were okay with the venue change but Sweden, Germany, Austria, and Morocco haven't said if they'll play yet.

edit: I know you were joking but I'm very serious about sports. (Also America always wins by like 50 points, england could learn a lesson here)

Japan won two IFAF World Championships (before the US started fielding a team).

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

poty posted:

Hahaha

Who is Don Garner

Don Garber in disguise.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Kurtofan posted:

I don't know anything about African weather but does rain season applies to the whole of Africa?
Yes. Africa is pretty small and has a very uniform weather.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

:lol: if she really believes this

quote:

“[Valcke] assured us that the Women’s World Cup would never be played on turf again. He gave me his word, which for me, that’s a win,” Wambach said. “For me, that’s progress.”

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Teddybear posted:

At least six. U.S. reports have been saying that the investigation states side has been in the works since 1994, when Clinton apparently directed it be opened.

Oh, so instead of sour grapes over not hosting the World Cup it was sour grapes over not winning the World Cup that we hosted.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
daaaaaaaaamn

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Can't wait for all of the non-corrupt FIFA members to elect a whole new executive committee. This will change things.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I believe Switzerland announced that they'd told him not to try to cross the border. But, drat. If Warner is actually able to prove that FIFA influenced the elections in Trinidad and Tobago, those assholes need to go down hard.

I'm having a hard time believing anything that Warner is saying. If he can prove it, great, but after his Onion article video I expect his proof of this to be a printout of http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570853.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Troy Queef posted:

Platini and Blatter just had their bans cut by two years "in recognition of their services to football".

I thought the bans were recognition of their services to football.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I believe two of these sentences.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

True story there have been FieldTurf games in MLS where the "grass" reflected so much heat back on a hot day that parts of players' shoes started to melt.

It's not turf's fault that our players are too hot to be contained by mere shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

jyrka posted:

I think they'd probably do 10 groups of 4 with only the group winners guaranteed the knockout stage, which will be good for exciting football too maybe?

Too big a chance the big names are irrelevant early. Everybody likes an upset, but too many and all of the sudden the suits get nervous that people won't tune in for VCU vs. Butler.