Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

serious gaylord posted:

Australia are going to make a legal challenge if its moved as qatar were awarded the contract by giving false information (The ability to host the world cup in the summer) so they want all the money they spent on their bid given back.

I hope the US does too, as I think that's the year we were vying for as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

sebzilla posted:

What will this all mean for the tradition of telling players/teams to get in said garbage area?

\o/ Get in the win! \o/

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

corpuscollossus posted:

Changes to the Kafala system are to be announced in a press conference this afternoon.

If you wanted to watch the E:60 piece on Kafala, btw, it's up here: http://bluefoottv.com/projects/e60-qatars-world-cup/

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Bogan Krkic posted:

I can't believe there's a poster on these forums literally trapped in Qatar. Get the hell out man, jeez!

Yeah, I didn't realize that's where you were and I hope that post didn't come off as a taunt, corpuscollossus.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Come back, Qatariman!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Spangly A posted:

Reminder (perhaps in OP?) that Interpol literally outed Blatter and Havelange as paying bungs, completely red handed, and his response was to run unopposed in an election while having his competitors expelled for bribery.

Yes but now we have ethics advisors including Placido Domingo to keep them in line.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Fists Up posted:

I don't see any problem with having the World cup in Winter.

In Australia.

Problem solved!

We're having it in Winter in Brazil this year!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Apparently Blatter wasn't in favor of Qatar, and I think a lot of what's going down is him working to discredit Platini, so he can run unopposed again.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Hegay posted:

He's at least calling for re-election

He was one of those most pro-Qatar, wasn't he?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

vyelkin posted:

We've hosted a few youth tournaments and we're hosting the Women's World Cup next year, it's clearly leading up to a 2026 bid which the CSA has said they're planning on making. Plus maybe we can just get someone from Montreal to head up the bid team, they speak Sepp's language (money; also, French).

I was thinking maybe someone from Toronto... someone with the last name Ford.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

K U N T Z posted:

Well this thread has fully gone to poo poo, gg yanks.

Don't you lump Canadians in with the proper and upright people of the United States.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Can't believe FIFA was sending so little his way that he had to get involved in a non-FIFA scam.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I know it's going to come to nothing, and the most likely result is the US being thrown out of all comps for a decade...

STILL loving WORTH IT.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Crazy Ted posted:

*starts throwing stacks of money at FBI agents*
*looks perplexed when plan doesn't work*

Or raping children.

Hey now, Swizziland gladly arrested Polanski for us, but we didn't get our paperwork done right and on time for extradition :(

I hear Poland's reviewing extradition requests now, actually. Case goes on.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Big love for Russia and Qatar, without whom this moment could have never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
The selection process is mostly just a bribe funnel anyway.