Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Not just stadiums, the entire loving city that's supposed to host the finals doesn't even exist yet. gently caress everything about this bid and the human filth that let it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah I think I read something about Egypt and a bunch of Jewish labourers in primary school, could be wrong though.

Impossible, they're not hard workers

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Scott Bakula posted:

During the Euros, the Suns chief European journalist, not sports journalist, wrote articles about Rooney's hair care products and poo poo like that. None of them care

To be fair, that's the Sun

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Pissflaps posted:

They're not getting the women's world cup as well are they?

Canada's hosting the WWC in 2015, don't think they've announced the next.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Dedicated qatar spot because gently caress you

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Canada 2026 imo

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

It's going to be a Carribean world cup cohosted by St. Vincent AND the Grenadines

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

corpuscollossus posted:

More of a Catch 22. My employer is extorting me under the threat of deportation to work at half the market wage while I slowly bleed to bankruptcy with rising rent and school fees. Salaries are paid in bits and pieces. I can either head home with nothing or hope that the law changes and step into a job that pays more than double. I should probably just cut my losses.

Get out and never look back

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I really want to believe that it will get better when these pieces of human trash die but I know deep down it won't

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm going to watch the film in the hopes that someone finally made a good soccer movie (they didn't)

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I'm not racist, but let's be honest, some footballers really do look like monkeys

Gareth Bale

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

FullLeatherJacket posted:

A bid... for the World Cup? Like, the actual World Cup with the teams and stuff? You want to do that in Canada? Like, the actual Canada? With the nothing at all and stuff?

Bitch it might be

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm amazed he even has a twitter account. It's literally nothing but hatred, death threats and utter vitirol directed at him for every single one of his tweets. It's like he feeds off this poo poo.

Do you honestly think Blatter knows what twitter is? Those posts are made by a social media intern, probably making nothing but 'experience' instead of money

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

blue footed boobie posted:

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN0HH1BJ20140922?irpc=932

Some FIFA executive committee member said Qatar is going to lose World Cup 2022

haha yeah

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Polidoro posted:

Wasn't Canada the only country that offered to organize the tournament? If turf is what they have then tough poo poo.

It was between us and Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe backed out so yeah

EvilHawk posted:

I may be wrong but haven't FIFA/UEFA decided artificial turf is fine? It's used in CL/EL games in like Russia afaik

Yes, also apparently if you sue FIFA your entire federation gets suspended, so this affects the entire USSF. If they really felt so strongly about it they'd boycott the tournament. They won't

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Tsaedje posted:

What surfaces would they play on if Canada hosted the men's World Cup? If the reason for the fake pitches is the climate it's not an issue of sexual discrimination. If FIFA requires the men's World Cup to be played on real grass but not the women's there is a slight case.

We'd lay down grass, owned

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Great White Hope posted:

Is anything stopping Canada from going "Ok fine, we won't host the WWC"?

After this, the last FIFA tournament Canada will not have hosted is the men's senior World Cup. They want to point at a successful tournament and use it as credibility for a 2026 bid.

On top of that, in just the past 8-9 years there's been a huge upswing in popularity and media attention towards not just soccer in general, but our local and national teams as well. Believe it or not, but after London 2012 the women's team are a bigger draw than our perennially poo poo men's team. They want to keep the spotlight and momentum going to keep interest growing in the domestic game and not just what you watch on TV Saturday morning.

Poonior Toilett fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 7, 2014

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Byolante posted:

I think that at the height of the soviet doping program they solved that problem by altering the body chemistry so drastically the women essentially became men.

Must have been tough with twitter and Steam still decades away

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Nighttime, of course, how obvious

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

These are some tasty advanced stats

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shut the gently caress up about America and talk about FIFA you spergs

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Oh good more middle eastern influence

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Well that was pointless

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

R.S. Gumby posted:

Elsewhere, in the dying world of handball:

Qatar won their semifinal in the handball world championships. Well, not so much Qatar, but the team they bought to represent them, thanks to handball's lax rules on changing nationality and an endless supply of money. So, a Qatar team featuring a bunch of ex-balkan players beat Poland thanks to some rather terrible calls by the Serbian refs. Not at all suspicious, of course.

Also, once they made the semis Qatar voided a bunch of foreigner's tickets to get more home support. You got a ticket? Well, gently caress you foreigner, a Qatari "supporter" wants it.

Earlier in the tournament though they had to pay spectators (migrant workers) to show up and fill the stands. Hasn't stopped the stands from being empty, despite officially being sold out. Well, except for the Qatar fans, which they imported from Spain. Yep, they paid a Spanish club's fans to come cheer for Qatar.

Oh, and of course Qatar is gonna apply for the summer olympics.

Anyone else looking forward to 2022?

Nuke Qatar

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Kurtofan posted:

Qatar is hot

hot drat

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think that slavery is pretty poo poo tbh

Wow way to politicize

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

That settles it then

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't have any love for FIFA either but I feel that possibly "human rights" is a made up meaningless term. Anyway someone needs to find or fake an audio recording of Blatter saying something bad about gay marriage and the twitter folks will have his head on a platter in under a day.

Didn't he already tell gay people not to kiss each other in Qatar

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

ddamn

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

💩

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

The Canadian FA is pants down lube out and ready

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I'm glad these shitlords will finally be brought to justice, I mean, Wambach's wife looks nothing like Marta smh

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Americans

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Mr. Mambold posted:

Otter Burgers

Are they

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

tbp posted:

im loving PISSED nobody liked my jozy joke.

I liked it I just didn't comment on it calm down!!!!

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

They won't be showing any prison movies where he's going... prison!

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

They won't be showing any prison movies where he's going... prison!

Just so we're all on the same page here, this was a reference to the popular animated series The Simpsons

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

PerpetualSelf posted:

gently caress off no one cares about your murdoch owned british media. Seriously. Get bent.

Source your quotes

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

WHEN ARE THEY GONNA GET TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I like Olympic football because the Olympics is the only time of year I even remotely give a poo poo about sports and I go all in for those few weeks.

Games Games Games Games *clicks post history* uuh yeah that's the stuff