Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

The fact that Sergio Ramos always turns up in these lists never ceases to amaze me.

Messi and Hazard voted for Mane as the best player and yet they're both in the best XI and Mane isn't.

Van Dijk however apparently doesn't pay attention to the matches he plays in and voted Messi first, Salah second, and Mane third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Can’t wait for Jamal Lascelles to hold up a small plaque declaring Newcastle the winners of the Europa Conference League

More like the Europa Nonsense League.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Everyone’s favorite meaningless U-23 tournament is off.

And the rest of the Olympics

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Clubs trying to adjust a player's contract without their union getting involved would be suicidal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Wait, the rest of you aren't in a state of perpetual bankruptcy?

Only morally.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

* goes in to ops kitchen and bangs all the pots and pans * america is the shithole!!!!

Then leave, bitch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Go away.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

turn the entire fifa headquarters into a glass top coffee table with them in it via tactical nuke

Be sure to do it while FIFA are having a meeting with all the big agents.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Don't talk to me about professional sports

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

But I thought the mighty RICO would defeat them?!?!

They were too Suave.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He really is a Bond villain.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

Asking for a friend, what's the best way to boycott the world cup and still watch the matches? Stream it? Is there any meaningful action that FIFA, sponsors or broadcasters would notice?

I don't think FIFA will care about you considering the other billion people watching.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I hate it all but the one ray of hope is that it would be funny if the sudden onset Saudi interest in football fades over the years to come and we end up with some kind of shitshow nightmare of a World Cup because they halfass everything.

There is no domestic Saudi interest in football outside of their national team. One of their Pro League games had an attendance of like 130 a couple weeks ago. Stevie G's boys played in front of 500 people last week

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

they do have actual stadiums unlike Qatar but idk if they're FIFA sanctioned in terms of capacity etc

however wtih climate change being what it is (ignoring the obvious corruption obviously) I think winter world cups are going to be increasingly common

They have eight (8) stadiums scheduled to open by 2026, all with capacities over 30k. Their current stadiums outside of a couple are total dogshit, wouldn't look out of place in non-League England.

One of the current Pro League teams plays here:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Looking forward to the next generation of players all retiring at 27 because their legs are gone from endless youth tournaments.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm glad they're growing the game in countries where they can't grow grass and the population as a whole couldn't care less about football

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The team ranked 170th has the same vote as the team ranked 1st and they all like money. The idea of some noble federations breaking away into... something is a bit far fetched

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Chuck blazer only took those bribes so he knew how to identify and avoid future bribes

Yeah, dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Football should always be played in a timezone that is conducive to me watching