Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Why not? It's not like the people involved have to give their bribes back or anything, and this way they won't have to spend money moving the club season around to fit a winter World Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I hope they enjoy seeing 5,000 people at a World Cup match. Even if they give tickets away I doubt anyone would really want to see Qatar vs Honduras.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
I doubt the big European FAs will be the first to break away, they have too much to lose if it goes bad. I can see a FIFA replacement starting with US/Mexico/Japan/Australia/South Korea. None of those countries compete in important international competitions outside the World Cup, they have a low tolerance for FIFA's corruption, and they are big and wealthy enough for the international community to take notice.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
Maybe they can get a deal like CONMEBOL has. When they moved to Paraguay they made a deal with the government saying that the police could not enter the headquarters building under any circumstances and local law doesn't apply there.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
I have to wonder how that is going to work. The only way people will be interested is if there are multiple UEFA teams participating, and there is no way UEFA will schedule around having their top teams being in China for 2-3 weeks in the middle of the season. You could possibly do it in the summer, but you would have to deal with international matchdays and everybody would just treat the matches as meaningless preseason friendlies.