Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Frozen Peach posted:

I just get upload error every time I try to use the imgur feature :(

Has the Awful app updated for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Same thing.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

if you go to settings -> about what version does it say

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Frozen Peach posted:

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Same thing.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I updated but it's still asking me to sign in to imgur?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Celebrate with cat nap!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

big black turnout posted:

I updated but it's still asking me to sign in to imgur?

You still have to sign into imgur.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

if you go to settings -> about what version does it say

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Oh man, so excited.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Pipboy 3000 posted:

Hello, I was wondering if this app has support for downloading threads for offline reading, or if that might be added. Didn't see it in the OP and couldn't find info on it easily on my phone app. Thanks for any details on this!

Just for visibility, I've created a Github issue for this because I want this feature too. I might even work on it.

https://github.com/Awful/Awful.apk/issues/783

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Scared that after the Tiktok ban, Awful.apk is next. VOTE

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Imgr works now?

Ymger works now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
One thing I've noticed on Android is now when you're probed the banner doesn't appear. It's just a black box where the banner should be

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

One thing I've noticed on Android is now when you're probed the banner doesn't appear. It's just a black box where the banner should be

If OP needs to test this I can post goatse

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Seth Pecksniff posted:

yeah it's great because it still lets you know you're probed but isn't super ugly and distracting

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

yeah it's great because it still lets you know you're probed but isn't super ugly and distracting

I honestly thought something was wrong with my phone at first

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

whenever anything happens with my awful app or browser I just assume I've been permabanned finally

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Hatebag posted:

I'm making this post from the browser version of sa.

[video type="youtube"]/watch?app=desktop&v=bZe5J8SVCYQ[/video]

e: it also happens using the browser version of sa

Hatebag posted:

e: the video urls were modified even in the code blocks. i input the missile video as a plain url within video tags as https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

Hatebag posted:

another thing, this also affects youtube live embeds:

[video type="youtube"]/live/moeHr_XJ-T4?si=wGDVlbRFcHBWMZU4[/video]

Hi, I've altered the forums bbcode parser so it can handle the app=xyz parameter inside video bbcode tags, as well as /live/ youtube links. Additionally, the forums bbcode video heuristic will respect code blocks.

These changes should roll out in the next few days. I appreciate these bug reports! Gave you plat and archives as thanks. :cheers:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

smoobles posted:

You can upload and embed from imgur directly in Awful, the Everything App

Hell mf yeah imgur uploads are working again!!?!

Image effort threads are back, baby :toot:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh man I completely forgot but I owned this toy instrument kit. It kicked rear end

E: sorry this looks like the Quercetti Super Saxoflute, and I had the Fisher Price Crazy Combo Horn. So sorry

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 3, 2024

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

astral posted:

Hi, I've altered the forums bbcode parser so it can handle the app=xyz parameter inside video bbcode tags, as well as /live/ youtube links. Additionally, the forums bbcode video heuristic will respect code blocks.

These changes should roll out in the next few days. I appreciate these bug reports! Gave you plat and archives as thanks. :cheers:

does this mean it'll work for mobile YouTube urls too? that's pretty rad thank you

edit: youtu.be links I mean

tak fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 3, 2024

astral
Apr 26, 2004

tak posted:

does this mean it'll work for mobile YouTube urls too? that's pretty rad thank you

edit: youtu.be links I mean

Would you please share a youtu.be link that the forums are having trouble with?

e: if you have trouble posting it because the code block updates haven't rolled out yet, you can email it to me at [my username] @somethingawful.com

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

astral posted:

Would you please share a youtu.be link that the forums are having trouble with?

e: if you have trouble posting it because the code block updates haven't rolled out yet, you can email it to me at [my username] @somethingawful.com

YouTube Android app -> share -> copy url

normal paste: https://youtu.be/_wtZnrOJJM8?si=GnmHlSQDbhcu6PC9

bbcode button -> insert video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtZnrOJJM8

edit: ohhhh it works with the bbcode, I guess I expected a plain paste to also work. my bad

astral
Apr 26, 2004

tak posted:

YouTube Android app -> share -> copy url

normal paste: https://youtu.be/_wtZnrOJJM8?si=GnmHlSQDbhcu6PC9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtZnrOJJM8

edit: ohhhh it works with the bbcode, I guess I expected a plain paste to also work. my bad

A plain paste of that link does auto-tag on the forums if you have paste auto-tagging enabled, so any auto-tagging concerns there sound like they would be be an app issue rather than a forums issue.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

astral posted:

A plain paste of that link does auto-tag on the forums if you have paste auto-tagging enabled, so any auto-tagging concerns there sound like they would be be an app issue rather than a forums issue.

it auto tags a url tag, is that supposed to embed as video?

this is what I see when I edit that post:
code:

normal paste: [url]https://youtu.be/_wtZnrOJJM8?si=GnmHlSQDbhcu6PC9[/url]

[video type="youtube"]_wtZnrOJJM8[/video]

astral
Apr 26, 2004

To clarify, when you paste it on the forums (with paste auto-tagging enabled) it auto-tags with a video tag.

If it does not auto-tag as a video tag when you paste it on the app, then that is an improvement that could be made to the app.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

smoobles posted:

I love this app so much. The only thing it needs is a feature where I pay the developer $5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

:emptyquote:!!