Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

So I've been fiddling around today making a DarkSpank theme. It's looking cool but for some reason it only affects the view within threads. the bookmarks and forum views are all light grey like the classic theme for some reason. Any idea why that is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Sereri posted:

Forum view theming isn't in yet, not sure how to do it well at the moment. You can apply the colors of the standard themes by calling your file myawesometheme.dark.css (or yospos, amberpos, classic), leaving it out defaults to, well, default.

Ah, great. That works.

Behold:

Spanking in the Dark

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Sereri posted:

Use this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/250537/Awful/spanking_in_the.dark.css
I was hoping to get consistent colors for highlights but I guess yellow does look terrible on dark themes.

Yeah it always ends up becoming a mucky vomity brown.

I noticed that with this theme the 3 vertical dots on each post are gone - it would probably have something to do with this file path in the css I'd imagine?:

ul.postoptions .more {
background-image:url(../images/ic_menu_more.png);
}

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Sereri posted:

Yeah, I had to change those paths to make it work for the test page. The path on the phone is "file:///android_asset/images/".

Cool, this worked. One question - spoilers with this theme are showing the white text through the greyed out spoiler block. The css appears to be telling the text to be invisible if you haven't pressed the spoiler tag. How do I fix this? Or would it be easier to just make the spoiler block white, the same as the text?

code:
section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler{
background: #969696;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler * {
visibility: hidden;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled {
background: transparent;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled * {
visibility: visible;
}

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

For those wanting a dark theme, I've been working on this one.

I've adjusted the edge padding a wee bit in here too and fixed the spoiler display from my last one.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

LastInLine posted:

What I wish it could do was choose the theme based on what the ambient light sensor reports when you first open the app. I really like the default theme a lot but at night I'd prefer it to be something dark athough unfortunately I don't prefer it enough to actually change it.

I was thinking the same thing last night, but thought perhaps it could use use the time of day to trigger the change.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Aleph Null posted:

How do I get this to work on my phone? What I mean is: every time I click the link and try to view it in a browser or even in the Google Drive app, it just displays the text of the .css file. It does not give me any options to download the file to save it.

Hmm, I'm not sure about on your mobile. I tested it out on my desktop chrome and it gave an option to download the css file in one of the menus.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

That is a lot of green bug eyed creatures.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Croisquessein posted:

Is there a tips 'n tricks sheet I can look at? I feel like I'm missing out on some features. I seem to remember there was a tap you could do to scroll down one post, or maybe it was one page, but can't remember how, am I imagining things?

I think you might be thinking of the volume button scrolling? I haven't used that feature but pretty sure it does that.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I made some more nazi icons for you, hope you enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

A couple more.

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 17, 2018