Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

This is also the only way I interact with the forums these days. I know it's early, but have you considered a more official status of the app? Like, making it part of the SA package and being part of the (paid?) team? Presumably, this could also eliminate some workarounds in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hi, I hate the app and it's much worse than anything I've ever seen.

Anyway, I have a feature request: when I'm uploading images on Imgur from the app, I often wonder if I'll break tables for people who do their posting on a stationary posting station. So I was wondering if it would be possible to show the image dimensions on the upload screen? Half the time in just reuploading poo poo from Google or screenshots, and I honestly don't know the size.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Honestly, I've barely used the actual website for years now, I'm exclusively posting on this app.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

I vote for a function in the app that automatically hides posts.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It looks like spoilered links break tables for me:

LonsomeSon posted:

afterward, and the account which posted it seems to have some Questionable opinions otherwise, but it’s the first thing ive seen which seems like it might be out of there in awhile https://twitter.com/theno1waffler/status/1481054764561489922

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Dabir posted:

I looked at a specific user's posts in a thread, then went back to the thread list, and this happened.

That threads owes you a bunch of answers.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I don't ignore users, and I haven't noticed the issue.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

thehoodie posted:

Having the same issue. And no I will not clear out my ignore list. I refuse to be assaulted by bad opinions

I have some bad news about these forums, and indeed, the Internet.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

I just wanted to say I read the changelog and i love the 'highlight text to apply bbcode' feature i use it all the time :)

Wait, how does this work?

That's awesome, i didn't know that!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Right, the request is not to have to click

And I second it, although I admit it's extremely minor

I have wanted this exact thing as well.

And it is 100% because I'm too stupid to get proper URLs from googled images.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

cruft posted:

If we're making requests, I'd like a feature that makes me a better poster.

Make a "better poster mode" setting that disables all post and quote buttons.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I have a maybe really dumb feature request: I like having 10 posts per page. But this means that I don't know if I'm near the end of the real (40 post) page or what the real page number is. It's it possible to add a small "real page number" above the page number, or maybe have the page for as "10.4" for the last quarter of posts on the real page 10 (which would now show as 44 for me I think)?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Clicking links to threads in the current announcement opens the threads in Chrome for me. Is that just me or a general thing?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

There are way too many options in the three dot post menu as it is, so I would suggest this happen on a long press of the avatar instead if anyone feels like implementing it

But how will I then find out that the image is in fact that poster's avatar?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

butt dickus posted:

getting a "page not found" error when following this link because this lunatic is using 10 posts per page i think floor(pagenumber * (perpage / 40)) would give the right page number?

10 posts per page is clearly superior, much more frequent breaks and it's but like I need to spend meaningful time to load content in advance.

Anyway, maybe the copy thread URL feature from the kebab in threads should just copy the thread URL, not the page number?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

How feasible would it be to make a version of the app without posting capabilities? I'm thinking for new potential users, an app to just read threads I send them. I feel like the bare bones is just removing a few buttons and getting an account for the app, and then maybe a local hack for bookmarks and last read post.

I really need my friends to read about elf dicks, okay?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

I guess they mean an app that doesn't require a :10bux: SA account.

Just buy your friends an account already.

Yeah, my idea is that it's easier to sell with a free sample kinda deal instead of having to pay the :10bux:. If they're at all into it I'm gonna buy them accounts, sure, but it's gonna be weird to tell them I spent money for them to post before they read a few threads

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I mean, morally correct maybe, but if the image host's bandwidth is being in any way affected by being hotlinked on these dead gay forums in the year 2023, maybe no one should use that host. The issue is that discord has no interest in keeping the images available beyond immediate consumption, which sucks for forums usage where I'm reading years old threads about elf dildos.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Lobok posted:

To be honest I've seen some posts here and there that made me wonder if an image limit isn't a bad idea.

If you want to avoid bad posts, then maybe this is not the app for you, pictures or no pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007