Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

It's true, I did. I believe the replacement to be OEM, as far as I can tell, and I think I did the replacement correctly. I also replaced the daughter board.
So the shutdown problem you're having is hardware issue. Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
The new version is having trouble loading custom yospos stylesheets from the bookmarks list. Going to the next/previous page in a thread, if there is one, will load the stylesheet.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Gentwise posted:

Can the new version open the Games forum?
Yes

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pokeyman posted:

whoooooo caaaareesss
big ol android-having nerds

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

I'm pretty sure this would have the opposite effect
Yeah, someone should gift you good games instead.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

LastInLine posted:

If it was the best app in the world and Material as gently caress I still wouldn't use it because of that icon.
Rude.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
When I click on the link in the quote in this post, to go to the post that was quoted, it blacks out the post with the quote block and all the posts above And doesn't go to that quote. Like, the posts look like they've been erased, but the scrollable area is still there. Refreshing restores the page to normal, but clicking on the link again will make posts re-disappear.

e: It looks like it's when the quoted post is on the same page, and it's doing the same thing on the quote link in the post above this one.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 15, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

I just got a Moto X, and so I find myself desiring a black theme. However, I don't care for the YOSPOS ones. Does anyone have the modified theme handy?
The "Dark" theme has nothing to do with YOSPOS.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Stellar Curiosity posted:

Testing weird characters :
Ønskebrønn
Kamelåså
Kjært barn har mange navn
Coup de cœr
Ei saa peittää
Façade
Hôtel
Raphaël

Someone needs to quote the weird character words, this used to create problems

The visual design looks a lot better, the feel is a lot more intuitive I feel, I'm interested in seeing how the app affects the battery life. Good job.
Quoting from my en-us Moto X (2013), all those characters are even showing up in the preview screen (as opposed to the escaped "&#xxxx;" values)

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 23, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

The new version is having trouble loading custom yospos stylesheets from the bookmarks list. Going to the next/previous page in a thread, if there is one, will load the stylesheet.
Still experiencing this, fwiw

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Unclean009 posted:

If you guys aren't used to that reply icon, you're going to hate every single Google made system app android 5.0+
That probably won't be an issue until after SA is dead

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mercury Hat posted:

Weird thing I just noticed that probably isn't a problem but I'll mention it in case it is: I was on the last page of a thread with two posts on the page, they were long enough that I had to scroll down but it was a very short distance. Anyway from the top of the page I flicked to scroll down and the refresh spinning icon flew from the top down to the bottom over the thread. I could get it to fly up and down by flicking to scroll, not every time but enough that it was amusing. Can't get a screen cap obviously. Haven't tried to replicate yet.

Android version 5.0 on a galaxy note 3.
I've also seen this a few times

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sentient Data posted:

Its specs are pretty crappy by current standards, but it does (or at least did) everything I needed; it might be the resolution or ram that are the sticking points (320x480, 512mb) since those are its weakest areas, but the point remains that what once worked now doesn't
This is The Android Experience Dot T X T, and I am laughing at your post. It is time to upgrade from your Nexus One or whatever.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I've had a few crashes recently either during or right after page load, but I don't know if it's related to the forums' general instability. I've cleared the app's data just in case though.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It can probably be fixed, but the Skype for Linux team will be fixing it, not the Awful for Android team.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
On the other hand, I've had them enabled and don't have the same issue. But I'm on a stock Moto X 2013, and no one who's actually having the issue is willing to part with the model of their device or the Android version they're using. My guess is they don't want to be shamed for using a Samsung device or a niche XDA nightly.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Posting from my phone on version 3.2.0.6

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Posting from my phone on version 3.2.0.6c

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

Still crashing with the new version.
There is more than one "new version", please be specific. The version number can be found under Settings, in the top of the About screen.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hooah posted:

I'd posted after the first test build, so I figured it was obvious I was talking about the c version. Sorry.
That's just it, there were two posts with two different apks in them. And now there's another!

p.s. 3.2.0.6e still works for me

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 13, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

midnightclimax posted:

Nope, not for me. There's nothing there.
You can try: refreshing that view, clearing your app data, changing themes, updating the app

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Hey, uh, what happens if you set the time on your device backwards in time by seven or eight days and then try to log in?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Thank you Garbage Day for fixing the forums while my phone is updating so that after it is updated I will still be able to browse the forums

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

richardfun posted:

The name Garbage Day doesn't ring a bell for me, but
This joke should probably be bannable, given its proximity to "There's a front page???"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I'm getting some weird random "Error - Not Logged In" popups. The first time I got them was after I upgraded to 5.1, so I thought it was related to that and cleared app data. It's come back a couple times since then, but it'll go away on its own after a few minutes.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Father Wendigo posted:

Is there any way to disable the omnipresent blue quote/pencil button? It's got a deceptively big hitbox on my small phone.
Are you talking about the Floating Action Button?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

VodeAndreas posted:

Check out the drop down menu when you're in YOSPOS with forum specific themes enabled.
He actually wants the YOSPOS-specific theme to be AmberPOS instead of GreenPOS.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
for the Not Logged In popup in the beta :shrug:

gonna try clearing app data now, see if I get the error after that

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
nope, got it again

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sereri posted:

Things the app does not (yet):
- Allow you to create threads
- Show user profiles
- Leper's colony / see probation reasons
- Display polls
- SAclopedia
- Search
and lots more

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

maniacdevnull posted:

I assumed those when to Google, not the app dev. I can start sending them if it helps
iirc they do go to Google, but the developer of that app can pull them up

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
For anyone who gets the Not Logged In error, do you also have Something installed?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

notZaar posted:

You're dealing with extremely pathetic shut in gamers who are desperately clutching at any straw to view as a perceived slight. This helps them justify their myriad failures in life as somebody else's fault.
Those extremely pathetic shut-in gamers now includes Derek Smart, and I only wish I could make something like that up

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It's working for me :shrug:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

This worked, at least temporarily. As I was browsing again, I've had to do this twice in the last few minutes. It doesn't make me log in again after I do it, but it apparently didn't prevent whatever is going wrong from doing it again.
If you find something that fixes it permanently, you should definitely share it with everyone else in the thread who's been talking about it for the last couple pages.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It's working for me, but it looks like there's an update to the Android System WebView waiting for me in the Play Store from 10/27, and I'm on 45.0.2454.95. Did you guys update to 46.0.2490.76? You can check via System -> Apps -> Downloaded -> Android System WebView, the version number should be at the top.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Daztek posted:

No issues on my MotoX2014 running 5.1. It actually seems to load threads faster but that might just be placebo.
Or, as a result of last night's forums migration to the cloud.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Don't Ask posted:

It seems the app has a problem with special characters (or just apostrophes?) in the username field - it shows my username as "Don".
It's loading fine for me

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
http://forums.somethingawful.com/

Midjack posted:

They sometimes run movie and book spoilers in the forum title.
Also its current subtitle has been up for like a month or two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Nth Doctor posted:

Here's what I see for the previously viewed attachment:

Clicking the link shows this:
Do you have the Settings > Images > Hide old images option turned on?