Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Did you log into imgur specifically in Chrome? Iirc I had problems until I did. No idea why.

I just tried this and reinstalled the Awful app to force it to reconnect my account (successful), still no go on uploading images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ugh, that sucks. It really feels like imgur would prefer to just be its own environment where everyone goes to comment and vote on each other's pictures, rather than being useful to the rest of the internet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Uthor posted:

Not being able to decide where it will show up in my post bothered me. Even editing the post, it doesn't show up. So I'm assuming it just at the end of the post? It'd be an issue where I often use images, like using them to tell a story.

Yeah, it's functionally useless for me for those two reasons. Fine for some random one-off pictures, but not bigger things like posting comics or larger photoshops.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Any particular posts? I'm curious now, but I feel like I see twitch embeds so infrequently that it would take me forever to notice of ours happening on my end.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, that's weird - the embed loads like molasses, but it did start autoplaying an ad before crashing my app. Multiple times, on multiple phones :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Getting a "bad request" error when I try to upload to Imgur.

Is this a known issue?

Yeah, it's been busted for a while now. At least the imgur website still works, I've never been able to get an upload to work via their own app :confuoot:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's exactly what happened to me, images I uploaded into the app just seemed to disappear no matter which of my user sections I looked at, from the app or a browser.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

On the mobile site, I just go directly to https://imgur.com/upload to get the prompt without having to switch to desktop mode to see it. The menu looks a bit borked normally, but it has usable file upload or url input options, as well as the useless drag-and-drop one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't remember the last time it's happened to me in a browser between password changes, but it's happened a number of times in the app between the various devices I'm using it on. Not frequently, but enough to notice.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:blessed: My cat was a tagalong too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I noticed a bug in the latest version while I was in cat jail last night, there was some weird blank space towards the top of the screen that I eventually realized was missing the notification banner that I was on probation. I confirmed it by updating the app on another phone and seeing the same thing, so it's not tied to that one install.

Previous version

New update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Every time I've had a sudden bizarre problem like that, it's been fixed by updating Chrome/webview for some technical dependency reason I don't completely understand.