Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Apologies if this has been answered before but someone posted about having YouTube inline links enabled yesterday and I realized that YouTube is never posted inline for me (like with a preview image and title) even though I have this option enabled.

Is this a bug or goons just not posting online links to do Rickrolls and make people click on their tangentially related meme videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Gadzuko posted:

It has to be enabled both in the forums user control panel and in the app under Settings > Posts > Embedding

Thanks! It worked and I can't tell you how many times you've saved me clicking a link to view the joke and just closing it out again

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Occasionally it will work for me but almost always not. Didn't realize it was an app bug because I just assumed SA was broken

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Android 12 and English

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm having problems with Twitter, imgur embeds not loading as well as refreshing my bookmarks not working. Either it won't load or eventually will load very choppy. Using a Pixel 4a with Android 13, happening on both cell and WiFi. The problem has been happening for a week or two but really bad suddenly today.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

handle posted:

If you access SA using a browser, are there any slowdowns or is there any indication that Cloudflare is throwing up a delay or a challenge for the device? Problems happening both on data and WiFi make it super unlikely but thought I'd ask.

edit: btw I'm sorry my troubleshooting isn't super helpful, I just haven't been able to get any of these issues to actually show up using virtual Android 13 devices :(

There's no slowdown on browser (Chrome). And honestly it's fine right now so who knows.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

it's weird because the playback smooths out if you keep scrolling, like you can scroll super slowly and see it go from stuttery garbage to normal, and then have it seize back up as soon as you stop.

This reminds me of a QoL issue I've had forever. In the app on Android (Google Pixel 4a) I often try to skip forward in a YouTube embed only to trigger the "back" function swiping from the left. It would be nice to be able to drag the progress bar on an embedded YouTube video without going back to the forums home

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Jumping in on also getting bad request imgur errors

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
From the legends thread:

insane anime posted:

Mod Edit: Potential compromising link removed, account may be hacked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

pentyne posted:

drat SA is in some elite company

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Thanks!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh man I completely forgot but I owned this toy instrument kit. It kicked rear end

E: sorry this looks like the Quercetti Super Saxoflute, and I had the Fisher Price Crazy Combo Horn. So sorry

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009