Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Whenever I make a post it won't redirect me to the last page but to an empty one and it will look something like this: 1604/835

So basically a page way ahead of the last one. It's only a minor inconvenience though.

Today I noticed another one: I can make posts with Umlauts in them no problem, but when I go back and edit my post they will get hosed up and look like this: Motörhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Just wanted to tell you guys that the old Umlaut problem is back. The Umlauts are fine if I post in a thread, but if I edit a post all the Üs, Ös, Äs etc get messed up.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

spankmeister posted:

I think it's a regression because unless I'm mistaken it was working a couple of versions before.

This seems to get hosed up again every other version or so

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

ulvir posted:

Thank you, awful app guy, for letting us scandinavians write to eachother properly again! :smoobles:

Same but German

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

haris pilton posted:

I'm real happy with the Android app on my S4 but the app is draining my battery something awful

Make sure that Gifs are turned off.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Ditto.

Also, I missed the frog.

The frog is what I miss most on the iOS app.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Something doesn't have the frog. Awful is therefore superior.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Sometimes the thread title in the top bar is a third the size of its normal size. The only way to get it back to its normal size is closing the app. Anyone else experience this?

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
App works fine for me here in Germany.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Jesus Christ guys, Android 4.x.x is ancient. You should probably get a new phone without security flaws from a couple years ago. Awful APK not working should be the least of your concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
The "disable view swiping" option is a bit weird. When enabled view swiping back to the thread list doesn't work anymore but not completely. When I swipe it still works for like half a milimeter or so. I can do this a couple of times and slowly swipe the thread list back in view. That way I end up with both the thread view and the bookmarks list on screen where I can scroll on both of them.

I looked at the last couple of posts but didn't see if it was already reported.