Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

welcome posted:

Same, on Droid Turbo. Forum and thread indexes are fine but scrolling inside a thread is awful stuttery since last update.

Same, also on a turbo. Android 4.4.4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Sereri posted:

Try a different theme and report back.

I'm cured! Both dark and classic are snappy, didn't try the others.Thanks.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Sereri posted:

Ugh. I upped the shadows to make it more similar to what Google actually uses. Do you have hardware acceleration disabled in the settings by any chance?

Mogomra posted:

I noticed that somehow Settings -> Device and navigation -> Hardware acceleration got turned off on my Turbo. I don't remember touching it.

Turned it back on, and everything is super smooth again. :shrug:

Scrolling down to the bottom of "Device and navigation" turns off the setting for me. Turning it on and then exiting settings without scrolling down fixed the lag on all themes as well.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Hidden imgur uploads work but there's no obvious way to see them in the app. You have to tap on this header which is not an obvious button to switch to hidden.

On the mobile website the buttons are way more obvious.

On a related note, is the Add File Attachment supposed to work with posting images? I can attach but I don't see a way to use the attachment inline. Example attached.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thorgot fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 18, 2024

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Oh weird.

So you can grab the id by quoting but not by editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Shelby is thrilled by this update.