Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So yesterday I had a moment. My department rented out a theater to see Star Wars, and I was reading a thread when I glanced at my coworker during next to me who was showing me an alert text thanks to someone deploying broken code the Friday before Christmas. He closed the app and lo and behold: his home screen had a very familiar looking frog on it. Glad to know there's another goon I work with. :peanut:

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Syenite posted:

Would love to be able to post threads without awkwardly switching to my browser, logging in again, and navigating the desktop version.

Cool

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Pixel 4 XL
Android 10
Build QQ2A.200305.003
Android System WebView version 80.0.3987.132

And I'm also getting the couple second freeze when I switch back to Awful.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Vim Fuego posted:

Timg functionality is substantially deprecated

The gently caress?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Kheldarn posted:

Just opened the app on my tablet, and got hit with :smugdog:. Time to see if it continues, or was just a one off thing…

I got this at one point this evening, too. No recurrence so far, but it was within seconds of having used the app, opened a link, and then switching back to the app.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

nordichammer posted:

Yo just wanna say that this app is great and the feature to find your posts in a thread instantly is amazing.

Thanks for the work

It's "find you are posts" in a thread.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

vortmax posted:

I just discovered you can't close threads with the app. I had to go to the actual site. No big deal, but I'm reporting the bug.

Wait until you hear about opening threads

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

pik_d posted:

Personally, I think the app should allow you to close ANY thread

:hmmyes:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

So I know pre and code running off the edge of the screen is one of the perennial issues. I just found this fun behavior:
C# code:
    public sealed class DoublesToTooltipConverter : IMultiValueConverter
    {
        public object Convert(object[] values, Type t, object parm, CultureInfo lang)
        {
            if (values.Length != 2 || values.Any(x => x == DependencyProperty.UnsetValue))
            {
                return null;
            }
            if (!(values[0] is double v1) || !(values[1] is double v2))
            {
                return null;
            }
            string p1 = Tools.Normalize(v1);
            string p2 = Tools.Normalize(v2);
            if (v2 == double.MaxValue)
            {
                return $"{p1} used";
            }
            return $"{p1} used out of {p2}";
        }

public object[] ConvertBack(object value, Type[] t, object parm, CultureInfo lang)
        {
            throw new NotImplementedException();
        }
    }

I could only get it to slide a single character at a time.

Which if intended behavior, is actually a really loving funny troll.

If not, a fun test case.

Pixel 4 XL running stock Android 11
App version 3.7.4, the October 28 2020 release

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

What, you don't want to render [b] and [B] differently? Bold and Bolderer?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

smoobles posted:

Daaamn the new update is smooth as gently caress. I am shitposting at the speed of light.

Hot drat the code scrolling issue I found is fixed and smoove as buddah.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

ArcMage posted:

Experiencing fairly consistent crashes in the PYF tweets thread, almost certainly due to Twitter and not you, but felt you should know.

Annoy ArcMage patch works

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

YggiDee posted:

You can't make a thread with the app.

Did you not get the premium version?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Mandoric posted:

Version: Latest from Play Store, Android 11

Bug: Avatars with escaped HTML parse (some of) the HTML, do strange things with other parts, apply it to the rest of the page

Description: Avatar which contains <font size=+2 color=#2266bc><font size=+0> contains other elements which are blanked until screenshotted, increases font size for rest of page

Sample: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=196#post422173710 produces , except (and for obvious reasons I have no convenient way to take a picture of this) the image and blue avatar text do not appear until the Android screenshot function is invoked. Every remaining post, including the username/post time bar, also has increased font size.

Weird. My screenshot looks exactly like the loaded post to me with no changes. I even tried to capture the thumbnail of the first screenshot in the second because for some reason I thought that would prove something.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

:hmmyes:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

bagmonkey posted:

Oh I know this and have learned due to my own mistakes! However, as evidenced by my thread, I don't think all other users are aware that you need to take the extra steps. I've only really recently gotten the hang of how to use the Awful App productively (thanks 5kpt) so my request was also coming from the place of someone who only recently learned how to properly use the UI

You're just trying to get additional thread views, aren't you? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Daztek posted:

Latest update seems to have broken setting a different launcher icon. I had it set as the ghost and now it's the default icon and it won't change

You shoulda kept it OG Frog. :colbert: