Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Feature request: Long press on links to copy them.

Reason: I'd rather open some links, especially youtube, in incognito, as they are often posted without context.

Settings > Posts > Always Open Links

Toggle that off. Tapping on external links will then open a pop-up with the options of Open, Copy, and Share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So I guess I'm the only one with the Android app that's getting loading failed messages 100% of the time today? Typing this from a PC.

I just checked, and it's loading fine on my phone and my tablet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was going to suggest replacing Imgur with PostImages.org, but it appears there's no public API for that site. :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

iod posted:

I just had this issue. I went and logged in on the browser to make sure my credentials were correct and when I switched back to the app, my password was in the username field. I put my username in manually and it worked. Then android asked if I wanted to update my password to my username. Looks like something hosed up between the app and androids password manager.

Out of curiosity, do you use Chrome on your desktop and/or device? Google's been pushing their new password manager that's built in to Chrome pretty hard, so I wonder if that's the cause of the issue…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess the app doesn't like the new Friday Forum from the announcement. Tapping the link opens my web browser, and if I try to look for it under Main, it's not listed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

settings - forum index - force an update

Neat! That worked. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, but I just chalked it up to being a combination of my phone and wifi...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

YggiDee posted:

It used to show up in the three dot menu, right under the "desktop site" toggle, and now it doesn't.

I had this happen a couple of nights ago, and forgot about it until now. I have Firefox v177.1.0 on my phone, and v118.1.0 on my tablet, and neither one has the option anymore.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendigee posted:

You have to give a phone number to make an imgur account now? Or am I missing something..

The new owners of imgur are evil, so that wouldn't surprise me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nalin posted:

So that's how it works on a Pixel phone. Thanks. It looks a lot worse than a Samsung phone, though. That kinda sucks.

It works the same way on my Samsung phone...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Schrute Nation posted:

I'm looking for a way to send the below link to my non-SA friends so they only see one post. I'm not sure how this will look in Awful, however.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=535260689

I tapped that link in Awful to see what would happen, and I got a toast saying, "Special notice from El Jeffe: That thread was not found in the live forums."

It then replaced the link with text saying, "Loading post. Please wait…", but nothing else happened.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was going to suggest switching to postimages.org, but it appears that they don't have a public API.

Microplastics posted:

My favourite thing is all those sites that try desperately to stop me from saving an image to my computer, only to be roundly and swiftly defeated by my secret cutting edge "take screen shot" key

Or using NoScript to block their script.

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, Twitter is deliberately designed for tweets to be embedded in other sites, it's a part of their business model. Using discord to host images is just hijacking their bandwidth, they're not meant to be permanent links.

It's always morally correct to hijack Discord's bandwidth.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Can't say I'm surprised. I expect Imgur's dumbass new owners to announce accounts being used for some lovely crypto thing (I know, redundant), but if you subscribe, you get a small amount of control over it, and/or some kind of AI thing, any day now.

Ah well. Still happy to have this app for the insanely low price of free. Thanks for everything!

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 24, 2024

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ugh, that sucks. It really feels like imgur would prefer to just be its own environment where everyone goes to comment and vote on each other's pictures, rather than being useful to the rest of the internet.

Ironically, the new owners are hoping to become the next Reddit*, though that may have changed after Ol' Musky bought Twitter… They might want to be the next X…

*Ironic, because Imgur was originally created as an image host for Reddit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cr0y posted:

Bring back waffle images

(Semi-) Good news!

smoobles posted:

I'll DM you a waffle image

Lucky. :mad:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This may have been asked before, but is it the forums that randomly log me out, or does it have something to do with the way the app has to work?

It feels so random when it happens, and it always seems to be at the most inconvenient time for me.

Anyway, regardless of the answer, I'm still happy to have this app. Everything I get for $0 and 0 ads is just amazing.

Thanks again for doing hard work so that I can be entertained!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just use the Bookmarks Widget. Always opens to start me there.