Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My galaxy nexus has horrible problems with loading images. Sometimes they will load, more often not. Sometimes if I refresh a page they will load, but not always. I don't have any problems with the app on me nook.

Clearing the app data helps for a short time but eventually it breaks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Aleph Null posted:

All images or just attachments? Regular images load fine on my Galaxy Nexus but attachments and emoticons are hit or miss.
And clearing data only temporarily fixes it.

I have problems with all images, even thread icons.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

anthonypants posted:

Can you change whatever network you're connecting to? Like if you're on wifi, get off wifi. If you're on 3G/4G, get on wifi.

I rarely use my phone on WiFi as I usually use my tablet at home, but I will play around with my phone tonight on the WiFi.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I did a good amount of browsing on my galaxy nexus tonight on WiFi, so the image problem I have seems to be limited to non-wifi, and seems to be most common when I'm on a 3g signal.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Just had a new problem with my galaxy nexus. For some reason the app stopped using any CSS for thread viewing and then wouldn't load threads at all until I cleared the app data.

As for the image problem, it continues to happen periodically, and the only image losing setting I can find is load images on WiFi only and that is not selected.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Sereri posted:

While I still haven't been able to recreate this, SD fixed this bug yesterday. It'll be in the next patch that'll be out very soon. Unless the Android fragment/activity lifecycle makes me want to kill myself first that is.

Great to hear, thanks!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Just ran into the css problem again. This time on my nook tablet. However, because it was on my tablet, I was able to use my phone to take some pictures of it to better explain what I mean by it.

As you can see, the menu and such are just shown as lists. No images seem to load either. I was able to fix it by backing completely out of the app and restarting it, but it is somewhat annoying.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I continue to have problems with my galaxy nexus and occasionally my nook HD+.

1) most common is images randomly not loading when not on WiFi. It is completely random whether they will load, and I have made sure the "load images on WiFi only" option is off.

2) sometimes the app will stop using any CSS to display posts. Sometimes restarting the app fixes it, sometimes clearing the cache fixes it, but most times it requires clearing the app data. Changing the theme does change the background color so some css is still being used, but posts are displayed without it (posted a picture of this earlier in the thread). This happens on both devices.

3) Sometimes after I've been browsing for a while when I load a thread it acts like it is loading but displays a blank screen with the appropriate page numbers. It will then do this to all threads until I clear app data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The emoticons not showing up is just a symptom of images not loading correctly sometimes on non wifi as far as I can tell.