Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I can't find an option to hide avatars in the new version. Where is it hidden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ragingsheep posted:

On my phone, it seems to need about 60% of the screen cleared to refresh.

You can't start with your finger on the nav bar so if you hold the phone towards the bottom, the release point is mor than half way up.

It's taking literally the entire length of the screen to get pull to refresh on my Galaxy S4. This is awkward and difficult on a phone with that large a screen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'd just like to say thanks for putting a Report Post button in the app. The shitposter I spotted probably won't, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Got an occasional recurring problem with the current version. Every now and again I become unable to open anything in the post header; clicking the main section doesn't reveal the custom text, clicking the button doesn't give the Quote/Last Read/More options. This persists until I exit the thread.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Regrettably, I can confirm that the pink bar properly displays when you're probated. There's a bit of a thing where it'll cover the top bookmark, but once you scroll that fixes itself. This is also a case where the app works better than the forum - the app tells you in local time when you get off probation, while the site gives you the time in CST.

(I do not intend to find out what happens when you're banned, sorry.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The app is completely broken for me. I was getting the "Loading failed" error, which I figured might have been because I'd had to change my password. I logged out, logged back in with the new password and got the "GLUE" message to indicate this was successful. However, while all my bookmarks appeared I was told I wasn't logged in when I tried to refresh them, and when I tried updating my account features in settings my Platinum disappeared.

Using Galaxy S4, I think I have KitKat.

E: just checked and I do have Platinum when accessing through my mobile browser, so it's just the app.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sereri posted:

Fully close the app then start it up again. If this doesn't help clear the app data.

Tried both. I fixed it, but I had to do a full uninstall and reinstall.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Croisquessein posted:

I like the little bookmark icon but it's not a big deal that it's gone, one swipe left and there it is.

It's quite a big deal, because the Reply Thread option was in that dropdown menu and now I cannot find it anywhere.

E: it's been moved to left button, I see.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sereri posted:

It (and all the other stuff in that menu) been moved to the overflow menu. Your terrible phone has a terrible menu button, therefore it's gone until you press said terrible button.

Apologies for not adding more info to the original post.

For statistical analysis: I'm using a Galaxy S4 on stock Touchwiz, and never needed the overflow menu before this version.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ulvir posted:

Thank you, awful app guy, for letting us scandinavians write to eachother properly again! :smoobles:

Same, but a heavy metal fan. :black101:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Breath Ray posted:

Wrapping things in colons is your answer to everything.

Just a reminder that enclosing something in colons is the medical description for sticking it up your rear end.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Having a problem with the most recent version of the Android app. Pages will load, forums will update post counts, and I can post, but my bookmarks have jammed. Page 1/?, and they won't refresh. Anyone else having this issue?

E: force closing the app fixed it. Don't know what caused it though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Just had my client bomb courtesy of a GIF posted by lsp in the Marvel Heroes 2015 thread over in Games. Could someone else using Awful take a second to look and see if it's just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

I noticed a bug in the latest version while I was in cat jail last night, there was some weird blank space towards the top of the screen that I eventually realized was missing the notification banner that I was on probation. I confirmed it by updating the app on another phone and seeing the same thing, so it's not tied to that one install.

Previous version

New update

Same happened to me just now. I also found that the blank space Captain Hygiene mentions disappeared in the last hour. The only notification I got was when I tried to post, when it told me that I was in fact still on probation. It also said I was probed until 1440 when it actually ended at 1540. We're on BST in the UK right now, so perhaps the function is localising to UTC and didn't include the banner space for that last hour because it thought I was no longer probed?