Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The new update is phenomenal!! Lightning fast on a Pixel 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

One suggestion: Not showing the blue drag shapes on the sides if you're already scrolling up and down. My thumbs like to go sideways while I scroll and it pulls the blue blob on screen.

Twitter does it so you only see the blue drag shape if you aren't already scrolling vertically.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Just mentioning here that the app is now freezing for a couple seconds when fast switching back from another app (Pixel 3, newest os update).

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Also I loving love this app, it's the only way I read SA anymore. Wanted to drop a positive comment instead of only showing up to dump a bug report here.

Is there any way to throw OP a few bucks for their work on it?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Might revert OS because this app is actually my most used app now, tragically

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

edit: misread

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is there anything in the pipe as far as the Google Pixel freezing reported above

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Pixel 3 here, downloaded the apk update linked on the last page, and now it only has the few second freeze 2 out of 3 times when app switching, and the freeze is shorter.

Maybe I installed it wrong, if other pixel owners are saying it fixed it.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Sweet that worked! I am now reading posts at light speed.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Hold up the Awful Android app works on Kindle??

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The app continues to rule, just wanted to mention on the Pixel 5 it sometimes crashes while formatting an embedded tweet. I.e. the plain text tweet will load, but then before it switches to the nice looking inline tweet, it crashes

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Tortilla Maker posted:

How do I find you are posts?

Turn on your monitor

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, it’s exceedingly rare (crashes once maybe every hour of using the app) and seems to *only* happen when a tweet is loading on my screen, but not every time a tweet is loading

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Daaamn the new update is smooth as gently caress. I am shitposting at the speed of light.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Getting some connection errors, stuff isn't loading in the app. Just dropping a mention in case I'm not the only one.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's working now!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I figured it out, this is so funny. I'm on hotel wifi that blocks the Awful app but not the website. Weird!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It rolls out gradually, I just got it

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I love this app so much. The only thing it needs is a feature where I pay the developer $5

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Also a beta cuck here, that explains why I got the update

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Awful: the Everything App

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

w00tmonger posted:

Is there a trick to hooking up an Imgur account? Doesn't seem to be working for me and I just want to post cool memes on my new phone

I use this app and it's a breeze, don't even need an imgur account

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=droidrocks.upload_image_to_imgur_pro

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

cr0y posted:

Bring back waffle images

I'll DM you a waffle image

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

oh gently caress yeah!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

You can upload and embed from imgur directly in Awful, the Everything App

smoobles