Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Secret Sweater posted:

what are the diarrhea colored posts?

Posts by the OP of a thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I like the improvements you've made, but I think you broke long pressing on links. I can't copy them directly any more

I can confirm this. I tested the bug with the link to the CSS test zip.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

RVProfootballer posted:

I noticed you or someone said to make a folder "Awful" in the internal memory and throw it in there.

That's correct. Once it's in that folder the name should show up in the theme selector.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
Try making it lowercase awful.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

WienerDog posted:

It seems pull to refresh on bookmarks screen is disabled now? Any particular reason? I used that a lot in betamax.
It's a known bug. The pull to refresh code still thinks you're in thread view so watches for the pull event at the bottom of the bookmarks list. Try it! (It's allegedly fixed in the next version)

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

MasterSlowPoke posted:

How do I install this?

Make an "awful" directory in your internal storage and save it there. Has to be lowercase. Then go to the theme settings in the Awful app and go hog wild.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
hdpi

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

LastInLine posted:

That happens on the forums too. Mark a post last read then keep reading the thread (going to a future page). Return to the thread list and the thread will be marked unread at the point you marked. You have to return to the thread list for the last read marker to "take".

That bug is very annoying! Radium is screwing us again :argh:

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Aleph Null posted:

Running 3.0.3 on my Xoom, no GIFs animate whether avatars, emotes, or external images.
I have verified that disable gif animations is not checked.

:stare: ....they do exist!

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
I don't think this is supposed to happen.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Sereri posted:

Did you gently caress around with the system fonts? Did you change the font used in Awful?

No and no. Restarting the app fixed it though.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
Another odd bug. Android 4.3, latest beta/whatever was pushed to market yesterday, default theme. Happens on other themes too but it's easiest to show on a white background.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Sereri posted:

Would one of you be comfortable with sending me a config export? They should be readable so look inside, but please don't edit anything.

edit: PM'd instead of posting here

nimper fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 18, 2013

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Sereri posted:

Looks pretty much like the standard config apart from the wifi-images.

Is this something that happens in every thread or just some? Does it happen after a while or can it happen immediately?

It's completely random, really. Sometimes it will happen with every thread and sometimes not at all.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Sereri posted:

Can you enable gifs for a day and see if that works?
Sure no prob....

uh...

quote:

Alternatively, does clearing the cache have any effect?

I haven't seen any problems yet but I'll give it a while.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Sereri posted:

Have any of you tried whether enabling gifs resolves the black box problem?

Enabling gifs seems to make it worse, actually.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Dradien posted:

I'm on a Nexus 5, unrooted, completely stock, and everything runs fine for me with regards to Awful. None of the problems in this thread have found me.

The only thing I've done is set the font to 12pt, disabled YouTube embedded videos, enabled gifs, and I'm running Dalvik, although I encountered no problems running the app under ART as well.

Looks like the only thing that everyone reporting the bug has in common is Android 4.3. Since you're on 4.4 you probably won't see anything wrong.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

VodeAndreas posted:

Would it be possible to have a function like the images on wifi only for embedded YouTube/videos? Replacing them with links instead.

I generally skirt pretty close to my bandwidth cap each month so every bit adds up.

You're probably better off using the actual forum settings to turn off embedded video.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

WienerDog posted:

So far I'm missing swipe back to bookmarks.
It's still there, but you have to swipe from the very left edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Nth Doctor posted:

Looks like it does, but I need to get out of immersion mode for it to show up first apparently. Swiping left to right takes me back to bookmarks rather than the previous thread.

That is the expected behavior.