Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Everything is working on my old Google pixel 3. I do wonder why highlighting text sometimes gives me the option to "web search," sometimes "bing search," sometimes a search button with my preferred browser's logo on it, and sometimes no search option at all. Doesn't seem to be connected to a specific thread or forum. Not really game-breaking, just something I noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It does give me the option to search Wikipedia pretty consistently, that one usually ends up being what I need anyway.

e and of course it's given me "web search" every time I've checked since I posted that, just to make sure I look like a dick

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Uthor posted:

Every time I do, I'm shocked at how different it is and how it's missing some of the neat options this app gives you.

Rip Firefox plugin

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TypeOneWombat posted:

(Pixel 7 Pro)

Have you gotten it to stop dinging at you when you save pictures, because it's driving me crazy

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Judgy Fucker posted:

I used to be able to embed photos from my phone (iPhone 14 pro), but the app won't let me anymore--when I click [img] it adds the [url=][/url] tags. Any ideas?

Hmm, are you hitting "insert image" or "insert imgur"? "Image" just brings me URL, "Imgur" lets me do both. I don't know how different the Android/iPhone apps are.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I had been wondering the same thing! Thank you for pointing that out. App rules.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Yeah, being my most-used app by far for over a decade for the low price of free is pretty impressive. Or it's an indicator I'm a degenerate troglodyte. :iiam:

Oh it's both, I know from experience

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

on my imgur app (android), if i tap the photo and then click share it gives me the url for the jpg rather than the page, so that cuts out one step at least.

All that app is for me is a non functional social media app, it won't upload either

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

This may have been asked before, but is it the forums that randomly log me out, or does it have something to do with the way the app has to work?

It feels so random when it happens, and it always seems to be at the most inconvenient time for me.

Anyway, regardless of the answer, I'm still happy to have this app. Everything I get for $0 and 0 ads is just amazing.

Thanks again for doing hard work so that I can be entertained!

It doesn't do this to me, but it could be a security setting of some kind. Maybe you're signing out when you're using the computer and the site is signing you out of all devices?

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 25, 2024

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Is there someone at imgur I can call, maybe they'll see reason and make an exception for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thank you!