Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Lot of people getting Samsunged huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Judging by the amount of people who have HTC and Motorola devices I'd say...no...not really.

Sorry my bad, it's one person getting Samsunged repeatedly (not in the thread)

Also if anyone's having trouble, it might be worth uninstalling completely, then reinstalling and setting up your preferences again (and not exporting and importing them either). That way you'll be starting fresh, and you'll get to poke around and see what new options there are

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I've been in beta for months on an S5, so no. Sorry your Samsung hate isn't able to follow through like you want?

My famed hatred of electronics brands aside, there's an issue affecting some Samsung devices because of some conflict they baked into their ROM, and it might be hitting more people. It was more of a heads-up that there are sometimes issues that don't emerge until the app is widespread, so some things will still need working out!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Are you people with the actual logging out seeing it on WiFi? How about the 'loading failed' messages where it still ends up working?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Jusupov posted:

Yeah I want the old version back. I can't even change any settings on this since the options menu doesn't scroll on my phone

Why does the blue bar at the top with the thread name take up a sixth of my screen

What model phone do you have, and what version number of Android is it on? Is it rooted, custom ROMs or anything like that?

cthulhoo posted:

I'd like to add (again) that hiding actionbar when scrolling is a pretty good thing on phones and is very easy to implement.

Go for it!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Internet Explorer posted:

You're allowed to be sick / not work on the app, it's not a job. :)

I'm not sure I understand 100%, but I guess my question is can I disable multi-line on the bookmarks page? If not, could you consider that as a feature request. Thanks again for all of the hard work!

You mean like a single ellipsized line?
Here is some long-rear end thread title wow ju...
vs
Here is some long-rear end thread title wow
just wow

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yup. I'm on a Nexus 4 btw:

compare to the calendar app:

I noticed that too, it should be a 16dp margin by the guidelines, but it looks like it's inset into the post area by the same amount. If it were 16dp from the edge it would probably line up against the border of the post area and look a bit weird, so it might have been a stylistic choice/compromise

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

What version number of Android are y'all on where you're having these problems? The kind where the display is lying to you and it responds like you're tapping on a different list

I bet Sereri's super pleased that they just put all that material stuff in the support library a week after Awful's MD release :v:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Jusupov posted:

Samsung galaxy xcover 2 GT-S7710 android version 4.1.2.

I did manage to open the settings menu and disable the floating reply button. But I only could do it on initial start when it only had one link at the top and even then I had to touch the bottom of the screen with no visible text to open up the options.

Play store has a similar menu and scrolling works there.

Could you get me a screenshot of when you first open the settings menu? With this one link at the top and blank space you can tap to get to the FAB setting

And are you having the issue in the main app other people are talking about, where you tap on things like a forum name and it's like you tapped on an item from a thread list instead?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Ohhhh ok, I thought you meant the actual settings section was broken, what you get to when you click on that button you can't see

You're in landscape there, right? You should at least be able to get to the lower options if you go into portrait for a moment - but you're right, it doesn't scroll like the one in the Play Store. That might be (easily) fixable now that Google released a new support library that has a nav drawer rolled in, I'll have a look

Sereri posted:

The update also adds secondary thread tags for A/T and SA-Mart . Thanks baka-kaba :)

More like thanks for fixing the icons. They were looking pretty wild

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I tried it for a while, the darker blue (like in the status bar) looked the best but it was still... I don't know, maybe the icons felt slightly too large, in a way that's not as obvious when the bar's black and everything above feels separate - which I think was the idea anyway

I was looking into making the themes more dynamic, if only so things like yospos don't look so weird with the big blue banner, but there's a lot going on in there

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Quick no-explosions test

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Testink

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I didn't even know you could type in there

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Are you in phone layout mode in the options? You might need to close and restart the app to get it to kick in, or maybe just rotate the screen or something

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I can't see that at all - what version of Android are you on? Does it happen in the single pane portrait view?

e- wait I see it in this emulator

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Ok the preferences thing is google's fault. Let's all blame google
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=26194
Should be aight next update, so that would be a good time to go through and check everything's set right!

This might explain why people are getting weird layouts (like tablet layout on phones) and maybe other stuff you're not meant to be able to turn on...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

spacing in vienna posted:

Moreover, something very very weird happened on page 48 of this thread.

Looks like a car ran over your phone, take better care of it!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It'll be fixed in an update, there's nothing you can do to make it work until then :frogbon:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

site posted:

Hey, as long as it's fixed it's all good. Just trying to help.

Yeah it's cool! Just saying, don't waste your time trying to janitor it. The feedback's definitely helpful!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Oops I should probably update before sending test messages huh

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It's all good :yayclod:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Do you have 'send my username in crash reports' enabled in the settings? The last crash with your name is from 3 months ago

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Testing a thing

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 24, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

And again!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

baka kaba posted:

And again!

Annnd another

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

One more

e- better add some content

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 24, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It should and you were right to do it!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Got a link to a page that does it?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Oh I meant the crashing with mega images thing :frogbon: I just want to check if there's a memory leak or if webview's getting overloaded or something

Does the failed loading thing happen when you're on mobile data? 4G or 3G? Does it happen on wifi too?

I'm just wondering if there's an issue with the network 'starting up' that maybe causes the initial sync to fail immediately - I'm just throwing ideas out there at this point though. I'm trying to add some more useful error messages for loading failures, hopefully it'll be easier to tell where it's tripping up

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

What keyboard are you using?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah there's some weird Samsung keyboard permissions error that I can't find anything about (just a quick look though), and they've been in the news lately about keyboard shenanigans

e- it helps when you have 'send username in crash reports' enabled like this guy!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Try waiting a while (like 10 seconds) if it happens again - sometimes the network responses are super slow

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Tap the page number to unlock cheats

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That's the anime shield working as imtended :hellyeah:

What keyboard is that? I just saved this as a draft and the dialog overlays the stock keyboard

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Sharing from the app would be useful to linking people to posts I guess - a lot of apps handle URLs as an automated copy&paste

I always thought it would be nice to be able to share to the app, so you could kind of collect a bunch of links and be able to preview and add them to posts. So say you see a video you want to :justpost: about later, you could push it to the app and it would keep it in a list, and you could keep all your hilarious image macros to hand. That's a fair amount of effort though - I guess an easier feature would be sharing to the app, and if you have a post open in the editor, it'll insert the link/embed at the cursor

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Are you both on the latest version? And the blue loading bar only appears when it starts receiving data from the website - does that ever appear?

hooah posted:

I'm still not getting the "loading failed" message after the recent beta update, so that's good. However, image attachments are still broken. Is there anything I can do to help, as a budding (read: terrible) Android developer?

There's ye olde github if you want to fork it and experiment with it. There's a lot to take in but if you have any questions, somebody may have answers! Best thing to do is dive in really

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 16, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Does the blue bar stick at a certain point (25/50/75%) or does it go all the way?

And do you notice any pattern to when it happens? In a certain forum, opening a new thread, going to the next page, after looking at an image-heavy thread, anything like that?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah I've noticed a sticking thing too - you should be able to unstick it by swiping outside of the code tags slightly (or in the space at the right, if it's stuck a lot)

It's an awkward situation - personally I'm more interested in being able to set a smaller font for things like code tags, so you don't have to scroll much at all, but... let's just say things are a bit intertwined as it is

Prenton posted:

It'll come to rest here, for instance, and is reluctant to move further. Android version 4.0.3.

Weird that your text has escaped there. Can't you swipe over 'lesson learned' to move it all back?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Out of interest, can y'all try going to Device and Navigation in the settings, setting Page Transitions to Default/Disabled (whatever the top one is), then close and restart the app?

That's anyone getting blank pages where you can still click things, content that's inconsistently updated, that kind of thing. See if it works any better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Unclean009 posted:

I have that available on M, might be a 5.0+ thing

Nah it's a certain-revision-of-JellyBean thing

But yeah, if you don't have the option then you'll basically be on the default anyway, so it isn't that!