Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I couldn't glean any suggestions in a search.

I've been getting "loading failed" occasionally for a long time but now it's an epidemic.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out... No success. Any suggestions? Delete some folder maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

baka kaba posted:

Sometimes you get that message when there's no actual problem - try closing and reopening the app (no need to clear anything) and see if it still works

It seems to happen more in say pic threads - it's being looked into but it might need a bunch of work
[Loading Failed! Issue]
If I had to deduce a cause it's that when it's been suspended in the background something goes wrong. On first open or after closing and reopening it, never happens.

Going back and forth between maybe one other app and it's fine.

Ignore it for a while or running several other apps before returning to Awful seems to lead to a high chance of it happening. Sometimes I think just having the phone screen dark for awhile will trigger it. But it doesn't seem reliable enough to be certain what causes it.

For what it's worth the vast majority of my browsed threads have no images in them and I've disabled gifs for quite some time.

Galaxy S5 and att if that matters. Going to try uninstalling again after logging off first.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I updated and now the threads load faster and everything feels more responsive. This can't be intended. Please fix.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Gonna second this. Alternatively I'll take a giant ghost

Just so long as Awful. remains an option.