Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man, I updated my apps on my positively ancient Droid 2 and the Awful app updated too. Now it runs smooth as glass and doesn't cause my phone to lock up after I'm done using it or let the screen shut off with it still running! It runs flawlessly, hurrah! Best update ever, though I think the colors of posts are maybe a teensy bit too light. Thanks for updating it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just had a thread with 3500ish unread posts change to -81601 unread posts, what would have caused that? I realized it was there right as I hit reload, and it reset to 0 unread upon reloading. Weird. It was the pinned small questions thread in ask/tell

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah yeah, if that's the cause, I wonder why.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Starting a few days ago, I suddenly can no longer directly open imgur links into the imgur app from the awful app. I've opened all permissions etc and nothing changes, made sure both are updated, all that jazz. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra. Is this a bug, or did something possibly change in a recent update with either app?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Go to settings, apps, the imgur apps, "open by default" or something like that. Android periodically nukes the configuration of which apps have what links.
this "set as default", right?

this was all enabled, and I'm still unable to hold select an image/mp4 embed/imgur album link and select to open it externally as I could a few days ago, it just does nothing, but disabling the above options in the imgur settings opens links in a browser without issue. reinstalled imgur too, no dice.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
for their crimes of web2.0ing imgur and the app, they deserve it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it feels like they fixed whatever was wrong since I can now open images and such into imgur again. Or maybe it only worked the one time. But I choose to believe crisis averted!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
All of a sudden twitch embeds are autoplaying, which just scared the bejesus out of me by 4 overlapping old spice commercials starting up simultaneously. Even does it with minimized already-read posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I linked to a timestamp of a goon getting absolutely blown up by a streamer and a bunch of people quoted it and it made my phone speakers go insane the next time I loaded this page of the thread, without clicking any of the embeds:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055683&pagenumber=62&perpage=40