Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Hello! Astral and Goons are Great told me you might be the people to talk to :) (thank you for the app btw!)

Anyway I'm in Australia and there seems to be a weird thing with probations displaying in the SA app. We tested it this morning (9:30 ish aest on Thurs September 10) and the app said my probe was starting in the future!

It's not catastrophic or anything, but I thought you guys might like to know

Edit: Astral is here already, hi Astral!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Yeah, it's always a day in the future because of some backend clock change with the forums that never got updated for in Awful. It sucks.

So it's to do with SA and not the app, is that what it means?

For what it's worth, when I log in to the browser version of SA it displays correctly

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

My settings in SA reflects the time zone I am in, if that's what you mean?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Persiflagist posted:

as far as i can tell, if you're probed the app will always show the end date of the probe as being the current time.

For me the app showed the end date as being 24 hours later, as opposed to six hours later.

The website displayed correctly

Sorry I don't know I'm explaining it very well!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Hello! Uhh it isn't a huge issue and doesn't really matter, but my android phone highlights random BYOB threads as pink.

There doesn't seem to be any commonality to the pink threads, and when I refresh different threads turn pink. When I go into the pink thread it looks normal.

Anyway, thought it might be of interest :)

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Now they've turned white

I'm trying to work out if there's something those threads have in common, but this doesn't have new replies and it's just chilling there :confused:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Ah the app is calling me out for lurking FYAD lol :ninja:

And after I posted in this thread they turned white so I guess it's :ms:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Helluva posted:

I can't connect my imgur account using G-login, anyone with the same problem?

Yup I'm having a terrible time trying to link my Imgur account to the Awful app.

I just wanna post photos of the beach :(

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Cool Imgur demands a phone number, then says using a phone number isn't allowed in my country (:australia:) gently caress my drag, right?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Uthor posted:

Not being able to decide where it will show up in my post bothered me. Even editing the post, it doesn't show up. So I'm assuming it just at the end of the post? It'd be an issue where I often use images, like using them to tell a story.

Yeah I think you maybe can't delete them, and would have to pm a mod lol

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I've been uploading images directly to my Imgur account and copying the link, and it shows me an ad after every upload lol

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

What does this mean?

Chewbecca posted:

I got this error in my password manager re: the Awful app, but not re: my somethingawful account (they're listed as 2 separate accounts on there)

Does that mean the Awful app is compromised???

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Sereri posted:

Your SA password has been found in some data breach. You should probably change it on the forums (the app does not have that functionality), and probably also in all the other places that you're using this password.

Just to make it clear, the app does not save your password and does not send it anywhere else than to the forums to login you in.

Yeah I reset it instantly when I saw this as I got spooked. And the reason I even went looking is cos of all the compromised accounts and their djasual dating links lol

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

cr0y posted:

How in the gently caress do you manually upload with the imgur app and get a bbcode tag for it?

I'm the Imgur app click on the 'copy url' button

Then in the Awful app you paste the URL into the 'insert image' field. This generates the BB code for you.

It's easy to do, just painful going between apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

smoobles posted:

You can upload and embed from imgur directly in Awful, the Everything App

Hell mf yeah imgur uploads are working again!!?!

Image effort threads are back, baby :toot: