Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

E: nevermind problem was my stupid home network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

First off thank you to everyone who contributes to this app, it seriously in my top five apps that I use every single day or every single hour and it's just a good well-built piece of software.

I have no idea how feasible this idea would be, but the ability to save or bookmark individual thread posts would be amazing. I get so much of my news and comedy and general internet stuff from the forums but I have no decent way of marking a post to come back to later.

I don't believe that Frankenstein vBulletin or whatever the forms technically run on nowadays supports that, so that database would have to be either local to the device the app is running on, or hosted elsewhere on the internet outside of the forums.

Just an idea that I know a lot of people might find useful, if anyone else is interested let me know and I'll poke around and see if I can contribute in some way.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would like that very much, but also understand how it's completely outside the forums' current architecture. I switch and reset browsers so much that trying to bookmark things there isn't really worthwhile, I've taken to PMing myself specific post links if there's something I want to keep track of long-term.

Yeah I identified that issue as well, it would really have to be something that is just part of the app itself and would likely not be cross-platform to browsers on PC Mac or Linux or whatever.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Came here to ask about the image download permissions thing. Same as above

Android 13, s23 ultra

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I just updated WebView (it was installed but did have an update) no change, I'm not a developer but I think this is the crux of it

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73620790/android-13-how-to-request-write-external-storage

There's definitely a change under the hood in Android 13 about how apps are allowed to write files and specifically how granular permissions are to be requested for Android 13 and up.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

So today imgur uploads all of a sudden quit working. I relinked my imgur account in the account section of this app but when I try to upload I just get an immediate "bad request", anyone know what I can poke at to troubleshoot?

Android 14 running latest version of this app from the Google Play store.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's been happening to me all day, too. It happened a couple weeks ago as well, but resolved itself within the day.

I did everything I can think of, I don't know if it's on the app side or on imgurs side. I uninstalled/reinstalled this app, reset my imgur password, logged out/logged back in and cleared cookies and poo poo. :shrug:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How in the gently caress do you manually upload with the imgur app and get a bbcode tag for it?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Bring back waffle images