Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Hipster_Doofus posted:

:yeah:

loving seriously. I mean, I have a lot of really great apps, but support and responsiveness from their devs doesn't even come close to Awful. I think you guys are utter morons for not taking donations. (I mean that lovingly.) For gently caress's sake take our money and go get some hookers and coke.

The rule back in the day when these apps were coming into being was that no one can make money off the forums other than Lowtax. Why doesn't Lowtax put some money towards these apps? Who knows. (I know, it's because he has no money.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

feature request for blended color-coding by posts per subforum, so we can better coordinate subforum wars

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

please also make the app detect when you quote someone and write a really angry response to them - it can then pop up a window that says "buy this rear end in a top hat an avatar???" and the only button is yes

this is the type of innovation i can get behind

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Brunch Covidian posted:

I am stupid, and probably also inexcusably lazy. I paid to the forum, not to you, to have private messages, and someone who is expressing urgency wants to send me a message, because they think they have an important and private thing to share with me. I can't see how to enable this in the application. Forgive me for being dense. I'm working from a phone.

I appreciate your efforts. I understand that you're not compensated. I thank you for your time, and for what you do.

If you've just added platinum for private messages on the forums, the app can take a moment to refresh. In the app, go to Settings, Account, Refresh Account Features. You should then see "Private Messages" in the menu of the app.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sounds like a very high priority fix.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, Twitter's API seems like a "best effort" sort of thing. Hell, it's not the only thing that works most of the time. Likes randomly don't register, people randomly don't see their followers. I think the whole platform runs on "good enough" and that's how they do it at the scale they do.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Can't speak for the app, but you can't break the tables on the forums anymore. The image gets resized dynamically in your browser. Give it a try, shrink your browser down and you'll see it react.

That being said, yeah, probably should still avoid posting gigantic images. Using timg works well. Still, your feature request sounds nice. :)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ocean of Milk posted:

Wait, what tables

Back in the day if you posted a large image, it would break the formatting of the thread to the point where users would have to scroll horizontally to read the text. Essentially, the sides of the thread would grow to match the image size. Now the image gets dynamically scaled down in your browser to match the size of the tables (taken from your browser resolution.) It's much better. I'm glad I never had to mod during that time.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Saw there was an update and I realized it had been a while since I stopped by and said thank you. Thank you to the folks who developed this app and keep it going. SA wouldn't be the same without it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sereri posted:

The truth is, the development of this app is mostly annoyance-based at this point.

Which is a perfectly fine place for things to be. Thank you for everyone keeping the app maintained, you especially. :worship:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Banned for hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Bloop posted:

A free app I use every day where the devs respond immediately to bugs is NOT anything you should be apologizing for

It's something we should thank you for more often

THANK YOU