Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Bloodplay it again posted:

I enjoy occasionally going through the Play Store and reading the reviews, too.

I like that one of the app's example photos is still me, politely complaining four years ago about design changes (the switch from pick-your-elements to discrete themes) and the POS themes' font restriction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
WTF, updated to latest and still no West-era Batman spinner for loads and transitions. Thanks, I guueeeeess

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
Actually, I'm wondering: does the recent update mean we can finally unlist or erase the ancient Awful Legacy app? I assume it's about useless now.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
Commission Handre to do a hyper realistic 8k-compatible :q:, since Android doesn't yet support animated icons like :stonklol: and :shepicide:

Splash screen could do the animations, though...

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

Internet Explorer posted:

Nothing you can do except brightness. I can't tell if you're talking about LED or OLED, but it is OLED that saves battery on black pixels. LED is going to be less energy efficient.

And for anyone trying to get neurotic about the most efficient display power draw from an IPS-LCD, my understanding is minimal backlight brightness with a white interface theme is the way to go.

It takes a wee bit of power to blacken or color LCD pixels in most panel types.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
If we won't get a Batman-Spin nav animation anytime soon, can we at least get the Cube-In transition to do a longer, roulette style spin with various speeds? Also VR & Daydream optimization, for head wiggles and wobbles.

Just hoping for some awkward nausea this holiday season, to help goons keep off the pounds.

(thanks for the app)

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 22, 2018

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

I use the OLED theme. Am I stupid and/or have crappy eyes, or is there no distinction between read and unread posts in this theme?

If there is no visual distinction, could one be made? Maybe have the white lines be a different color for the read posts?

Try the POS themes, they're OLED-friendly and tint read posts in either amber (best) or green. You can also edit and save new themes to a certain extent if you're willing to do simple text edits.

baka kaba posted:

people have been complaining about OLED colours so maybe we can take a look at it - personally I think having an accent colour is probably better than just pure monochrome, you can convey a bit more info that way

I think my years-old request displayed in the app's play store page for granular user-controlled theming just got a boner?

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 8, 2019

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
Any idea on whether I'm missing something or would this be a feature request?

For those of us using it mostly for mobile text reading (with images and tweets and clips set to off/link/manual), is there a way to tell any given thread page or post to load all media?

Like a "gently caress it" button in the drop-down or something, rather than manually getting them all individually.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

Ardlen posted:

Is there any way to have the nav bar match colors at the bottom?

Immersive mode will at least hide the bar until you want to leave the app.

There's at least one Force Immersive Mode app out there to do the same for other apps without a built-in toggle

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
Fully embracing the edge-case weirdo life, I've gotten an Onyx/BOOX Nova2. So I guess I can test and give feedback from an Android 9 E-Ink system now.

(so far so good)

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

Len posted:

I'm getting slowdown when I flip back to the app, it just sorta freezes for a moment

Pixel 5 running the November update

I had that yesterday on P4, but thought it was tied to a glitchy system-webview update process on the Play Store. Battery took a big hit from other apps, too.

Android system webview update finally worked instead of forever-pending last night, so we'll see today.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug

Weaponized Autism posted:

OP any interest in publishing Awful on F-Droid?

I mean, I appreciate F-Droid for what it offers, but they already throw up warnings for any monetized services whether or not they require a paid account.

Since you can't register or even access the forums while unregistered via the app, wouldn't they just kick it out or hide it or something? I don't know their publishing process so I'm honestly curious.

Edit: username/post combo :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

Pillbug
Testing this out on a Galaxy Chromebook, everything translates perfectly to the app including touchpad gestures. Even the impracticality of a 16:9 screen for general browsing is fixed by sticking an awful app on one side to narrow the web window.

Posting in 4k OLED to say thanks for your years of service :tipshat: