Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

BonHair posted:

Hi, I hate the app and it's much worse than anything I've ever seen.

Anyway, I have a feature request: when I'm uploading images on Imgur from the app, I often wonder if I'll break tables for people who do their posting on a stationary posting station. So I was wondering if it would be possible to show the image dimensions on the upload screen? Half the time in just reuploading poo poo from Google or screenshots, and I honestly don't know the size.
Large images have not broken tables for many years - they automatically scale to the width of the browser. So it's cool that there is an answer to this, but you also need not worry too much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

On the app they may not show up if the posts are already marked "read" - trying marking the post above it as your last seen post.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Sereri posted:

I pushed to button to move the update to :airquote:production:airquote: a couple of days ago and just got an email that google rejected it.

Apparently they tried to report someone in the iPad thread and couldn't find the button (because Ferg cheaped out on platinum for the test account 10 years ago :v:). Because of this, it violates their policy for user generated content.

So now i need to a) get platinum for the test account or hope Astral reads this and feels generous 🤞, and b) curate the account's bookmarked threads. They currently consist mostly of ancient IYG apple threads for comedic purposes and I think it's probably better if they gently caress around in a safe environment.
Happy to help with this - PM me the name or userid of the account and anything you want me to change.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Hatebag posted:

I've noticed that if i try to use video tags with a youtube link that is from the desktop version of youtube the post changes after i hit submit to break the link. using the mobile version of youtube the embed works normally. I'm not sure if that's a something awful-side issue or even a new issue just fyi
Can you post an example url that breaks on desktop, perhaps in a code tag so its not messed with? Is this only when you put a desktop youtube url into the app, or does it break in the browser as well?