Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

After pulling to refresh, the progress bar overlaps the usual loading bar, and it looks really weird (you can see a pixel-wide gap between the two at the top).

My thread subtext is set to last poster only, and it looks really weird. Unread threads show the OP instead of the last poster (is that intentional?), and the pipe divider is attached to the front even though it's the only setting I have enabled.

Enabling "author" doesn't change how it looks at all (presumably it would have both "OP" and "Last" in there).

Some threads have the subtext left-aligned, and some right-aligned. It appears that any threads that I've read are right-aligned, except for stickied threads where it's still left-aligned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Jethro posted:

I wish I had joined the beta program, because I kinda hate the new pull-to-refresh/next. Maybe I just need to give it some time, but it doesn't give clear enough feedback, gives that feedback away from where I'm looking, doesn't override scrolling if I decide to un-pull to not refresh, and just seems fiddly. It's no longer pull-to-refresh, it's swipe-kinda-like-you're-pulling-to-maybe-refresh-or-go-to-the-next-page-but-we're-calling-that-refresh-too.

The rest of the changes look pretty nice, though.

To be fair, it seems to be the "official" way to do it on Android now. Gmail implements it the exact same way.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Haven't figured out a pattern yet, but sometimes when I go to the bookmarks page through the app's widget shortcut, pull to refresh doesn't work. Dragging down on the list does not show the pull prompt.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Heresiarch posted:

I don't normally have auto-orientation turned on so I hadn't noticed before, but if you switch from portrait to landscape and back, the page view resets back to the top if the current thread page. Is this intended behavior?

That sounds like a less than ideal user experience, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it probably shouldn't be that way. And I know for sure that there's a way to properly maintain a ListView position across activity recreation: http://blog.denevell.org/android-save-list-position-rotation-backpress.html

I finally made a Github account and checked out the Awful code, so I'm going to start taking a look at it myself and hopefully making some contributions. I half-assed an Android code challenge for a company who almost immediately thereafter offered me a $140,000 job (which I turned down for a couple different reasons), so my Android programming ego is a bit puffed up at the moment :v:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any reason why, since I used the 'go to the awful app thread' once yesterday, it's loading this thread by default when I pull the app up again?

I mentioned this bug in the old thread, pre-3.0. I'm surprised to see that it hasn't been fixed yet. Sereri said that it's caused by a second instance of Awful being opened, and a workaround for the issue is to hit the back button until you get out of the app, which should close that instance.

I guess if it's still not fixed in trunk, I'll take a crack at it when I get home from work.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

myron cope posted:

Am I posting issues with the beta here or in the other thread?

Anyway, is the frog in the top left supposed to take me back to the forum or to my bookmarks list? I navigate almost exclusively through bookmarks, and the frog used to take me back to bookmarks...now it seems to take me back to the forum of whatever thread I am in. At least most of the time, I believe

E: of course, after this post the frog took me back to bookmarks

E2: the frog took me to IYG after the edit ahhhh

http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/navigation.html

A well-designed Android app is supposed to move back to the previous page when you use the back button and up to the higher page in the hierarchy when you use the up button (i.e., the frog).

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

The frog likes to peek out from behind Facebook on my home screen:

That's all, bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Please to set thread tags to gone instead of invisible when disabling them, tia

Edit: basically the same issue as above ^^^