Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

GonSmithe posted:

Fat Lou made them into PDFs, he just hasn't logged on since the thread was posted, but I'm sure he will soon.

gently caress, I...might not have it anymore. I will look though.

Edit: I don't but I will actually make a nice new one. The other one was kinda rough anyways. I will have it up in a day or two.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

So, I just got the rough formatting of the PDF done up through ROFT Part 9. It is currently 137 pages long. I am just keeping the main posts, but I am modifying some things just for general legibility for PDF reading. Once I get it up to date I will post it and keep it up to date.

Abitha Denton posted:

How do you figure, is he some sort of spirit that haunts Terry?

I guess I am. I made one post in the prior thread about making the PDF I followed the thread like a hawk, but for some reason I never uploaded the PDF. Also, I never even posted in the thread outside of that because I did not have much to really add with how in depth it was and I did not really get to rewatch them at the time. Who knows?

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Sep 26, 2013

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Terry van Feleday posted:

Hey, Fat Lou, are you still working on those cleaned up compilation .pdfs? May I ask how far along you are right now? Now more than ever I'd like to have the whole thing bundled in an easily accessable state, and since I don't have real access to all my old stuff right now (at least not without the horrible swear filter)...

Sorry, I got caught up with things in real life. I will try to get the rough draft completely done today or tomorrow (goddamn you wrote a lot about Dark of the Moon). I will post it in order for people to criticize it and I will modify it accordingly.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

I do have one task for people who have the movies on hand. I would like to record the timestamp and duration of the movie clips that are referenced in Terry van Feleday's prior posts. I would rather have something permanent as a backup just in case those ever go away. So, if one of you guys could grab that info I would love you forever. If not, I will try to get around to it when I can get ahold of them.

These are the clips I am looking for info on...
http://vimeo.com/user13926003/videos

Thank you for any help I can get guys.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Alright, so at this point I have everything in a PDF. I think I took care of most of the spelling errors. Next, I need to press enter and tab a whole lot to space the paragraphs a bit better. Also, there are a number of other things I need to work on. I did not originally realize we would end up with 442 pages of Transformers. When all the proper spacing is done it might even break 450 pages.

Anyways, here is the current PDF in all of it's glory just in case I die or something. Yet again, this is not the final version.

At the rate I am working you can assume I will be done with this in about two weeks. I think I just did copy, paste, resize pictures, add text boxes, adjust spacing, and spellcheck for about 5 hours today. I am going to be working at a slower pace after today.

Edit: Please let me know of any changes you would like and I will see what I can do.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 10, 2013

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Awesome, I will add them in soon along with the extra formatting. I would love it to no end if we could somehow get Michael Bay to read it and respond to it somehow. I know that is really unlikely, but still...

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Terry van Feleday posted:

Now that I look over it again, I do realize: The Duel chapter is missing! Since I do reference it in the main text, I figure it should be in there. Would it be possible to copy it over real quick, without editing it for now, just so the compendium is complete? It would be very kind of you.

Also, a minor nitpick: "Conclusions part 1" should probably just be called "Why are all these robots so drat ugly?"

(also, you should probably credit yourself somewhere in there, ha)

Yeah, I can do those things. I didn't see the "Why are all these robots so drat ugly?" title, and I forgot you referenced Duel. I will have that updated late tonight. I will also try to find a permanent spot to put them so I don't need to keep updating the link and it will actually stay at the same URL.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

Any word on whether the Duel side-trip will be added to the PDF file any time soon?

What if I told you 5 days ago...if you looked on my computer. ANYWAYS, I just uploaded it. The permanent place will be on the Google Drive link. I found out you can do revisions on it, so I will be able to upload it to the same link.

I updated what Terry van Feleday asked for, but I have to work on a couple other projects, so I am putting the PDF on hold for a week or two. If someone guilts me at the end of the month I will put in a solid day of work to make it better formatted with, hopefully, intradocument links for the table of contents.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 20, 2013

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Party Boat posted:

The pdf in the OP has everything from both incarnations of this thread.

Almost, I do not have this post...
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post420983733

I...might have forgotten to copy over the editable document when I reformatted a few weeks ago.:suicide:

I will add that post in tomorrow.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Best gif I can find of the dancing.

I can't get over how Hound's(?) stomach bounces when he dances.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

So, I put my edited pdf on my website just to easily share for my friends, and a few days ago it managed to be downloaded enough to cover 64gigs(2000+ downloads) within 24 hours. I looked into it and it got posted on reddit. On top of the downloads off of my site it then got downloaded 22,000 times of of scribd.com.

So...congrats on making a mark on the internet.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 29, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Indie Rocktopus posted:

1) Terry, please make a proper eBook out of your criticism. Get that poo poo on Amazon. I'd buy a copy, and I bet a lot of other folks here would too. It would be great to see you get paid for all your excellent work.

Honestly, I would pay into a kickstarter to get it properly formatted and in print form.

I also should try and get back to properly formatting the pdf so it does not look like poop.

\/\/ Yeah, I completely forgot about that. That could be an issue for anything that costs money.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 4, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Lord Krangdar posted:

One link to the PDF has 25,828 views. Another has 463 views. So yeah, pretty good.

Between my website and the other links there are 35,000+ views total. Congrats Terry! You are internet famous.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

TERRY VAN FELEDAY there is a freelance reporter who has written a bunch of stuff on Wired who wants to get in contact with you but you don't have PM. Can you please send me a message on goonsubtextgame@gmail.com and I will send you a gift certificate for PM on SA. PLEASE?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Woah.
Seriously, is this all off the cuff, or have you filled tomes with your interpretation of movies?

Do you not know SMG? He is trust and justice and is the real meaning behind movies. Believe and trust him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Bugblatter posted:

SMG is CineD.

Nope, not at all.