Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

he has amazing trigger discipline for a weapon that has no trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The beginning looked like A History of Violence: Transformers

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Isnt the giant thing in the imax poster unicron?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wade Wilson posted:

Well sure, Mark Walhberg is in it, of course it'll be horrible.

Marky Mark is the best thing this franchise has going for it at this point.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Demons need spaceships?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Glad we got that straightened out

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Is the Bluray out already? It's not yet here in Asia when I checked last week.

Here's a gif I found of the Brony Rifle.

why is there a Twinkie growing out of this guys finger?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cant wait to see who plays vilerat

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I cant wait to see optimus gently caress up a balrog

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

holy poo poo thats a lot of inane rambling looking for movie subtext in a plastic toy

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wtf is this movie even supposed to be

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kinda shocked they didnt make him turn into a deagle

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How is it possible these movies keep getting worse.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah whats he supposed to say? "Man that franchise that paid me millions of dollars to star in is a real big piece of dogshit"

Not everyone is Michael Caine

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

also lol if you legit believe Hopkins sat through more than 5 minutes of any of that poo poo

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

sassassin posted:

Are you calling him a liar?

yes

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

why is megatron 10x bigger than he was before

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The MSJ posted:

By the way, the new Revenge of The Fallen Megatron toy reminded me of this thread since it has a pair of cylindrical balls.

Is that the studio series one?

mattfl posted:

Teaser trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

I like it! Going back to the OG Transformers look. Starscream looks awesome. Also in one of the last shots it looks like Bumblebee might change into a Jeep or something similar. The grill on his chest looks like an early Jeep grill.

Ok the rick roll was funny

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

the franchise is a glorified toy commercial why does it deserve respect?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

The film is a flat reboot in disguise. It's incompatible with the previous films in pretty major ways -- Optimus and about seven other Autobots are already on Earth, Optimus explicitly sent Bee to Earth to protect it along with the humans, Shatter and her lieutenant are the first robots encountered by the US according to Sector 7, and is basically a remake of the first film. It's not horrible and I'd say it's better than the Marvel stuff I've seen recently, but it is getting positive reviews because this is the film people surely imagined they were getting when the first Transformers film was announced, especially given how much it borrows. It includes a lot of the stuff the first films were supposedly disliked for, such as wacky parent hijinks, but I have a feeling they'll escape comment this time around.

If this film does well, it will almost surely be the start of a new 'fan-friendly' Transformers cinematic universe. If it doesn't, it will remain a prequel. That's probably one of the big weaknesses of the film, that it sits in both of those spaces simultaneously. It also really invokes things from the previous films -- the score, while by a new composer, uses a lot of familiar bits from Jablonsky's scores.

The action lacks the insane limb-ripping murderous spectacle, of course.

Not horrible, not great -- it's basically what you'd expect. I think it could do really well but I wonder if franchise fatigue may hold it back. To quote George Lucas, it's the film fans want.

why does sector 7 even exist if these are the first robots ever encountered? Is megatron in it or mentioned at all?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

General Dog posted:

I liked Bumblebee, it feels like the "boy and his dog" movie that the writers of the 2007 Transformers may have been aiming for

Well they sure left out a lot of rape.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

With the cutesy iron giant approach failing we all know the inevitable is coming...

In 2020...Ryan Reynolds is.. a drunken, surly bumblebee!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If the movie was called Megatron, had no humans, and had megs stomping the poo poo out of autobots for 75min it would have made 100milion opening weekend

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Beast Wars is the only series in the entire franchise that has a story that isnt putrid dogshit.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Michael Bay rules

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

movies turned to poo poo when they went from interesting insect/monstrous designs for the robot heads to just being human faces with robot beards.

also when there was a 2minute scene explaining the legality of having sex with a minor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The transformers one as opposed to the one with annoying humans