Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Last page had "loving machines" on it, maybe websense thinks this is one of those weird dildo machine sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm 27 and don't get Vine or Pinterest, but I do get Twitter.

But I can create a Vine or Pinterest account and figure out how to use it, meanwhile my wife of the same age can't even handle Twitter, or really anything that isn't Word and Facebook.

Vine is Video Twitter.

Pinterest is "Like"ing things on Facebook consolidated to one website.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ookiimarukochan posted:

(complete with Mohican, beard, and "gold" jewellery)

Wrong tribe.

Edit: TIL Mohawk and Mohican are the same. How bout that.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I work with a guy whose text signature is always in Chiller. Just needed to say that out loud.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Edited this post down a dozen times, long story short.

We have a development partner for our ERP system who provides a niche product. In October, I specced out some functionality for them to build, and they estimated 35 hours across 3 sections (10, 10, 15).

The project got pushed until now, and I updated the spec, made a few minor changes, and added another bit of functionality.

The estimates are now 24, 24, 56!!!, And another 56 for that new task.

I reviewed their prior SOW for substantial changes and sections 1 and 2 were trivially changed, section 3 literally unchanged.

This is asinine and I really feel like it was a gently caress you to me. One of our leads got fired, and he had a great relationship with them and was their POC. Now I'm holding the bag and they seem to be annoyed by every request I make and aren't 'playing ball' whatsoever.

I would love to fire them but we are so in bed with them at this point the cost and time would be brutal.

gently caress.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Fool posted:

Does the company name have too many a's in it?

Negative.

However, they did once send us an installer with their own company name typo'd with an extra letter in the install path.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Thanks Ants posted:

MY COMPUTER IS BROKEN :wom:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Regular brain - High Priority
Huge brain - Low Priority
Galaxy brain - Recalled

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

anthonypants posted:

It's certainly nicer.

:bisonyes:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

captkirk posted:

How about this:

<coworker>: Ping

I've started just ignoring those.

The appropriate response is “Pong”

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Don’t sugar gliders piss and poo poo mid-air

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Welp, that cements my migration to ProtonMail

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

tactlessbastard posted:

One of my employees texted me about three hours late this morning saying he'd overslept.

This is the 17th time this year. Sigh.

It's the 15th week of the year. Dude has a problem.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

tactlessbastard posted:

He's probably back on cocaine

back on

:chanpop:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Potato Salad posted:

I have no idea what is happening.

The customer service team was pretending to pull their hair back and enjoyed every minute of it

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

wendys drivethru etc etc

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

No it’s also the things you do and say to/about people hth

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Write every [email/slack/skype/etc] message like management can read it. Because they can.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Dick Trauma posted:

If your dream was to one day have a short dead-end corridor without power, networking or HVAC doored off to be your office this might be the job for you.

For the love of god, Dick Trauma

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sounds like he’s got ISP

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pretty sure you can buy a 55” 1080p TV for $99 at Walmart these days

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ConfusedUs posted:

Maybe you should wear your mask bro

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

mattfl posted:

I'm with ya.

username/post combo

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

bull3964 posted:

Super wrong. There have been documented cases of asymptomatic people shedding virus for up to 70 days.

There have been documented cases of people testing negative and then testing positive again after a few weeks.

Finally there have been quite a few verified and studied cases of people catching it again (and every instance has it more severe than the first time.)

Your place of work not testing you is wrong and is borne out of cost savings than actual science and pandemic control.

This isn't a binary "I caught it and I'm impervious now" switch.

Also feet distance guidelines are out of date. Aerosols linger and can travel far.

If you are inside and sharing air with people you don't live with, you wear a loving mask. It doesn't matter if the other person is on the other side of a football sized warehouse. You both wear a loving mask.

For fucks sake. With have 1000+ people dying daily from this and that's going to climb dramatically over the next month due to the infection trend. Community spread is out of control in nearly all 50 states. Cover your loving nose and mouth with a piece of cloth when you are out in public. It's quite literally the least you can do but can have the most impact.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

nobody's gonna stop me from taking my pants off while i'm at my desk, nobody can even see my bare butt, balls, and back from 6 feet

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 13, 2020

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

My wife’s nose is scarring from wearing PPE for 12 hour shifts for the past 8 months to keep maskless chuds alive on ventilators.

gently caress you. Wear a loving mask.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

jebrown84 posted:

Wear the loving mask Bob.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I’m sure the doctors think the same of the medical expert computer toucher

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Just get the loving shot, Bob

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

loving doctors think they know everything about Active Directory

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

i am a moron posted:

Same, except for literally any/everything outside of medicine. Some of the stupidest people I know are surgeons.

whooosh

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

kensei posted:

I had a guy tell me about his web comic, which featured a ghost, a transgender and a lesbian who were roommates and had wacky adventures, while we were waiting for the other interviewer to get there. My coworker didn't understand why I rushed it but when he handed her a card for his website and described it to her too, she caught on quickly.

The position didn't involve comics, animation, writing or anything like that. Just a tier 1 help desk.

No assumption of bad intent but The More You Know: transgender is an adjective, not a noun - just like you wouldn’t call a black person “a black”, it’s “transgender person, woman, man” etc.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Thanatosian posted:

Yeah, I really wish Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Apple could get together, design "email 2.0," and set a deadline to make it mandatory for everyone interacting with their email services. It would be encrypted and have protections against spammers using it.

Because email is well and truly garbage.

Lmao yeah let’s have those idiots come together and design a new messaging product

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Yes, seriously. You are a piece of garbage and lovely comments like that make IT unwelcoming at best to women.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Iron Rose posted:

I’m not saying give him a pass. I am saying that saying he is horrible and his story is “what keeps women out of IT” is a really tangential part of the story at best. It certainly doesn’t help me.

I didn’t mean by any sense that lovely language is the only or worst hurdle for women in this industry. You’re fully correct in everything you bring up.

I still won’t ignore lovely language even in the poo poo That Pisses You Off thread.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

"Thanks Ants" but sarcastically like Thanks Obama

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Chromium Edge is Good

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Interestingly and coincidentally to the racism, Abishek is the Tamil spelling, and Abhishek is the Hindu spelling, so maybe it's not the Joe of India name you thought.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

https://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sickening posted:

You don’t actually use windows 10 do you?

Macro$haft Winblow$ 10, no thanx