Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Was about to ask who else is being hit by EX255650 with Office 365.
I am also spending my morning fighting with a new PaperCut deployment at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Honestly what was the CISO going to do but draw a salary, play golf and go with the rest of the C-suite on boozy junkets?
They then just need to fight for the resources for your team and otherwise keep out of the way of the workers and let them do their jobs.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

What're the odds on Windows 11 being a paid subscription OS?

Pretty high. Although it won’t be branded Windows 11. But will just be Windows and will be a rolling release maybe with home/pro/enterprise tagged after it. It will be tied to Microsoft 365 subscription.
Probably be a free edition for lapsed subscriptions with some limitations. Probably similar to S mode in Won 10 now.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

They just want you to bug them until you get to the front of the queue. Or have the suppliers decide you are too much of a pain to deal with and blacklist your company. Either way I am sure asking to speak with a manager will get this sorted.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Jerk McJerkface posted:

One of the reasons I really love my current boss, occured while my wife was having our second baby. I was out for a couple weeks, and my wife had gone into labor. She was actually a sleep for a couple hours and I peaked at my email for a sec, and I saw a question that I could quickly answer and I sent an email. A couple seconds later my boss texted me "turn off your phone, I don't want to see any emails from you."

In contrast to my first kid where my boss at $AWFUL_JOB tried to press me to have her induced so we could schedule some projects around it.

I agree with that. The only
Communication from you to work in that sort of situation is to announce the arrival of your new pride and joy. Only comms back should be congratulations and some flowers.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Will they also yell at users when a device gets owned due to an unpatched security issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

loving ManageEngine service desk and it’s ADSync tool. Apparently it needs to use the administrator account and will silently fail if using a different account. We asked support about setting up a generic LDAP lookup account but apparently using an account named administrator is the only option they support. WTF.