Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Do you think he would be up for naming a hotdog after us? Or even just us giving him an awesome hotdog with a good name. I can't think of a name to start this off with, but I do think that helping give more ideas for the menu can't hurt.

e: nevermind, looks like he is already planning on naming a hotdog after us

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

It is kind of a big thing, but are there any goons out there with web development experience? He mentioned in the $25 tier that he would be thanking the people who donated on his website once it gets going. I know that I would be more than willing to help out, but all the web dev experience I have is an internship this past summer, so I don't really feel qualified to head this up.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Goobish posted:

Wow so it's already above his goal. I don't know poo poo about kickstarter, he gets to keep ALL of it right? Even if it goes over?

Amazon takes 5%, and Kickstarter takes some, but he keeps everything that is left after that. so if we get up to 7000, he gets 6300 (assuming that Kickstarter takes 5%)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

Also I'm in Georgia but I have buddies in school in Tuscaloosa. Anyone in that area know how far it is from Tuscaloosa, because I am absolutely making it there eventually one way or another.

Well, google maps just said a 36 minute drive. also worth mentioning that there is a highway running right through the middle of town. I don't know if that is where he is, but that would be fantastic for buisiness. especially with a giant frog painted on the side of the building!

fake e: looks like he is on that highway. says so right in the kickstarter

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

quote:

Thank you Alex...thank you everyone in the past couple hrs for your support.. I'm trying to answer everyone when I can .. On a weird note.. I must be popular on the internet now or something.. People I know are calling saying everywhere they turn it's something about Doobie's dog house.. So popular that They got a web site Now on there that is calling my project a scam .. How cool is that? I got haters!!! I love it[/b]

Anyone know what Wayne is talking about here? He just put it into the comments.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

thylacine posted:

What's this sewer line thing? Can't he just call a 1-800-DIGSAFE number or something and get it marked for free?

Wayne posted:

..the last challenge is wastewater hook up.. I have'nt found the existing sewer main on the property yet, but I know its there, and the City of Reform will hook up that service..

I would assume this

e: it is in the end of the risks and challenges

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

GreenMetalSun posted:

I legit hope this dude doesn't get fired for bitching about his terrible boss.

Or worse: his boss just doesn't approve the sewer tap. I really am wanting this to go well for him. I would hate to see something so trivial stop it.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

"Steve posted:

Hello from the UK! Saw this through the frogout guys. Although I cannot personally say I am a member, its such a cool thing to see so many people from all over the world looking out for someone that chances are, they will never meet and just want to do a nice thing for that I felt I had to join in. Hope my 10 helps this along.

gotta say, seeing that in the comments was pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Bradzor posted:

Donated!

Let's get this thing to 15k!

Noni posted:

Another thing is that this appears to be a very small town where the median household income is 20 grand .....

Think about how much good 75% of a household income can do for a town like Reform. Heck, even the 50% he is already getting should be a phenomenal stimulus!

• Locked thread