Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

my sister + her youngest daughter:

quote:

Niece: I love-a Mama.

Sister: Thanks, Niece, I love you too!

Sister: Mama loves Niece.

Sister: I love you too, Niece.

Niece: No thanks. I eat it.

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
My friend's three year old earlier at my daughter's birthday party: "I need a cupcake because my stomach hurts."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

x

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
"Daddy doesn't wike swimming. Daddy doesn't even fit in the bath."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

eating only apples posted:

"Daddy doesn't wike swimming. Daddy doesn't even fit in the bath."

:owned:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://i.imgur.com/WfW8FQI.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The bottomfeeder should have been the Nazi.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

We had male and female mallard ducks that used to be regulars in our neighborhood. Our then 5-year-old son named them Microwave and Lightbulb

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

We had mallard duck couple that used to be regulars in our neighborhood. Our then 5-year-old son named them Microwave and Lightbulb

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I can't tell if this is a grift or not but goddamn what a cute baby

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

HopperUK posted:

I can't tell if this is a grift or not but goddamn what a cute baby

I gave it some thought and decided I would need to hear WHY the broccoli is frightening.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

We had male and female mallard ducks that used to be regulars in our neighborhood. Our then 5-year-old son named them Microwave and Lightbulb

There was a cat that used to roam around the playground my brother and I frequented as kids. We thoughtfully named it Debbie Diet Diarrhea.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Not really something he said, but this weekend my 10-year-old autistic kid's godfather came to visit, and we used to do lots of pen & paper roleplaying together before the kid came along. So we thought it might be fun to introduce him to the hobby, see if he likes it. Since it's a game mostly played by talking to each other, it could also be a way to train his free speaking (which he has trouble with).
So my wife DMs and whips up an impromptu kid-friendly adventure of three villains (my kid, me, and his godfather) who have to steal a sacred wish-granting marmalade glass from a village festival. Simple rules, three attributes per person, nothing fancy.
I roll low on intelligence, high on strength, and decide I'll be the stereotypical dumb muscle guy.
Godfather rolls high on intelligence, medium on strength and decides on a thief.
Kid rolls medium for both values. He's never played a role-playing game before (computer or pen & paper), has never really been into fantasy. So what does he decide on?
"My character is a half-angel-half-demon who can fly and carries two swords."

Even so, the game ended up being a lot of fun. And when the festival ended up being threatened by a huge dragon, the half-angel-half-demon managed to snatch the holy marmalade glass and wished for "one million ice cubes" to extinguish the dragon's fire, thus saving the town, so I guess we'll be playing again soon.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

"Cereal is soup."

Shower thoughts from a 7yo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

Not really something he said, but this weekend my 10-year-old autistic kid's godfather came to visit, and we used to do lots of pen & paper roleplaying together before the kid came along. So we thought it might be fun to introduce him to the hobby, see if he likes it. Since it's a game mostly played by talking to each other, it could also be a way to train his free speaking (which he has trouble with).
So my wife DMs and whips up an impromptu kid-friendly adventure of three villains (my kid, me, and his godfather) who have to steal a sacred wish-granting marmalade glass from a village festival. Simple rules, three attributes per person, nothing fancy.
I roll low on intelligence, high on strength, and decide I'll be the stereotypical dumb muscle guy.
Godfather rolls high on intelligence, medium on strength and decides on a thief.
Kid rolls medium for both values. He's never played a role-playing game before (computer or pen & paper), has never really been into fantasy. So what does he decide on?
"My character is a half-angel-half-demon who can fly and carries two swords."

Even so, the game ended up being a lot of fun. And when the festival ended up being threatened by a huge dragon, the half-angel-half-demon managed to snatch the holy marmalade glass and wished for "one million ice cubes" to extinguish the dragon's fire, thus saving the town, so I guess we'll be playing again soon.

A million ice cubes! That's fantastic. I love kid ideas before they get all concerned with 'the thing I like is dorky and uncool'.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Dave Syndrome posted:

And when the festival ended up being threatened by a huge dragon, the half-angel-half-demon managed to snatch the holy marmalade glass and wished for "one million ice cubes" to extinguish the dragon's fire, thus saving the town, so I guess we'll be playing again soon.

Based on this story, I can highly recommend more RPGs. For some years now I've run games for kids and teens, including some folks on the autism spectrum, including my youngest player who was ten when he started. Everyone's different, of course, but if your 10-year-old showed that kind of reaction, I guarantee you he will have a good experience going forward, and it will develop a lot of skills, especially if you play with an eye toward that sort of thing. It's also worth noting that Dungeons & Dragons isn't the only RPG out there, so it can be worth looking around to see if there's games that match their preferences better.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

I'm in the jewbook group this was originally posted in, and the 4yo is a total celebrity in it now, there's been more halachic Halloween thoughts shared.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Last week, driving Diamonds On My Minnow (4) home from Daycare

DOMM, after seeing a sign on the road that says Emergencies? Dial 911: "Daddy, what's 911?"

Me: "It's a number you can call if you need emergency help, like if someone got hit by a car they'd send an ambulance or if something is on fire they send a firetruck.

DOMM, lightbulb going off in his head: "OH! So if a cop is arresting you you can call 911 and they'll help?"

I love this child.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

my sister left her phone unattended briefly, and came back to see a vid of her daughter (6) happily singing "if you're happy and you know it poop your pants"

... and now her younger daughter (2? 3?) thinks those are the proper lyrics :buddy:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

burial posted:

I gave it some thought and decided I would need to hear WHY the broccoli is frightening.

My daughter was deeply traumatized by the "do you like broccoli ice cream" song for a while so it's safe to assume it's just generally menacing.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

(Screenshot against twitter’s inevitable demise)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"My stomach is broken!"
'How is it broken?"
"There's a hole in it!"
"...oh, that's your navel."

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

If you unscrew the bellybutton with a finger, your butt falls off.

That's always a fun time.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/geesweetyeeks/status/1601320436855320576?t=MF-OcthiCxZ7PkzriP8L-w&s=19

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3 year old nephew melting down

:cry: I don't know what I want, but I want for me to know what I want ("jeg ved ikke hvad jeg vil, men jeg vil have at jeg skal vide hvad jeg vil")

same, kiddo. same.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
:) :) "Who do you love more, mama or dada?"

:kiddo: "Nana"

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/jjdemonic/status/1621701899895422978?s=46&t=jHaSje_LRuaftQf5yGztRA

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My nephew, who's 15 months old now, knew to "Ho ho ho" when he saw Santa at Christmas :3:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

sweeperbravo posted:

:) :) "Who do you love more, mama or dada?"

:kiddo: "Nana"

:same:

"Who do you want to pick you up from school, me or mama?"

Son: "Oma and Opa."

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

I don't have kids, but have nieces and nephews and love this thread.

Apparently when I was in preschool my father had to pick me up for some reason, and showed up in a day cab tractor. I ran out to him yelling "Dirty Dad! Dirty Dad!" Because he was a mechanic and always dirty. The school had to call my mother at work (pre cell phones) to confirm he was really my father and asked for ID. Kid brains work weird.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

a mysterious cloak posted:

:same:

"Who do you want to pick you up from school, me or mama?"

Son: "Oma and Opa."

Mine as a toddler:

Me: Do you love dad?
Her: Mum!
Me: Do you love mum?
Her: B! (What she called nursing)
Me: Do you love B?
Her: Yeah

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

That reminded me that my niece's first word was 'obble obble obble' which is what she called boobs.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Chin Strap posted:

Mine as a toddler:

Me: Do you love dad?
Her: Mum!
Me: Do you love mum?
Her: B! (What she called nursing)
Me: Do you love B?
Her: Yeah

My son uses "B" for all bathroom related things! He stops what he's doing, points, and says authoritively, "BEE" if he: sees a toilet; sees a litter box; sees a cat using a litter box; sees a cat turd elsewhere in the house (sadly common); is getting ready to poop; has pooped; hears you fart and thinks you pooped. My parents were over yesterday and my mom farted near him and he came running into the kitchen yelling "BEE" to tattle on her. i love my son

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Body functions are perennially hilarious 😂

As is making up stories about how to slap invasive Asian carp out of the air while you're riding along in a boat

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
presenting my 3 year-old's masterpiece, "a woman falling down to the ground from the stinky wind, but her shoes help her float""

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I used this today on my 39 year old wife who claims she had never heard "Why is 6 afraid of 7?" before.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

presenting my 3 year-old's masterpiece, "a woman falling down to the ground from the stinky wind, but her shoes help her float""

This is incredible I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rollersnake posted:

Makes Van Gogh look like crap. Id put that in a museum instead of a bunch of swirls and poo poo.